Need parts from a 920!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
WANTED: TomTom GO 920 or 920T GPS for Parts $50

I have a TomTom GO 920 GPS that needs a new motherboard because the sound is out. If you have a GO 920 or GO 920T that you can no longer use ONLY because of a dead battery or a damaged screen, then I'd like to salvage the motherboard from it. Your unit must have been working 100% OK before the screen got broken or the battery died. If it has any other problems besides battery life or a physically damaged display, I cannot use it.

I may pay a little more if you also have working accessories such as the car charger, bluetooth remote, and dash mounts, but this needs to be cheap. New ones cost only $200 now, repair service costs less than $150, and I'm gambling that this swap will even work. So, if your GO 920 is dead, and you were just going to throw it away rather than spend the money to repair it, then save yourself the hassle of finding a place to properly dispose of it, and make a little bonus cash in the process.

HTML:
<strike>Hello all. I'm in Davis, CA (near Sacramento), and I've had my GO 920 for about 14 months. Mostly I enjoy my unit and its nice feature set, but I do get frustrated with all the various technical difficulties I've encountered with it. My latest gripe is discovering that TomTom refuses to repair their own products outside of warranty. The best they seem to be able to do is suggest Googling for an independent shop. I'm pursuing repair rather than starting over with a new unit for a variety of reasons, but if I end up having to replace my GO, I'll very likely switch to a Garmin. For now I've joined this forum hoping to find a salvage unit to buy for parts. I don't see any 920 units with broken screens or dead batteries for sale in the "Trading Post," so I was hoping to place a "wanted" ad. Unfortunately, I found I wasn't allowed to do that until I've made 10 other posts. Moderators, is there a way to make an exception? I really don't have 9 more things to say!</strike>

Last edited:

Ask a Question