Need GPS to pair with BT headset

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a GPS device. But what I need is for the GPS to connect to my bluetooth headset so I can hear the instructions in my ear. I am a cab driver and I can not have the passengers hearing the instructions. Can someone point me to a GPS device that can do this? While doing some research I read you can buy a bluetooth a2dp dongle that you plug into the headphone jack of the gps. Does the 2535 have a headphone jack?

@fear factory... I'm confused. Why would you need a Rider? Or If you already have a BT-audio-enabled TomTom model, why would you need to put Rider software on it?

For example, both my Go940 and Go950 can transmit their instructions via BT -it's a simple option in the loudspeaker preferences menu.

@mark.... The important bit to realise is that there are entirely different BT profiles for hands-free phone calls and for hifi audio, which is what TomToms (and probably other brands too )use for their BT transmission of navigation instructions.

By no means all BT headsets can use the BT-audio protocol,so you need to do some research on your current headset first to see if it's even possible.

Ask a Question