Need for the Car Kit

Hi. I recently downloaded the TomTom app on my iPhone 3GS and love it. Currently, I'm using it on a basic air vent mount that has no GPS boosting features and find it works great around the area I live in Reading, Pennsylvania. It's an area that doesn't have too many tall buildings. However, I'm planning to drive cross country to California for vacation. Would it be a major help to me to buy one the GPS enhancing mounts? If so, how easy is the iPhone to access on the TomTom mount if you want to skip a song or use the hands free calling? Also, are there any GPS mounts that allow you to mount it to an air vent? Thank you for the help.

I've been using TT on a 3GS for about 18 months with a simple non TT car holster, and have found GPS coverage patchy. Sometimes it's fine and others - not particularly in what you'd expect were bad reception areas - it's poor.

I suffer from occasionally driving these idiots who hate GPS and love to criticise it, so I have now lashed out and bought a TT car mount. I've not experienced GPS problems since.

The TT mount also enables me to locate it very neatly above my driving mirror, which means it's very easy to operate it - with previous mounts, it's been a long reach forward.

On the whole, I think it was a worthwhile investment.

TomTo make a Brodit/ Pro-Clip iPhone mount with integral GPS, you can use this to make up a solution to go over an airvent, I modified my original screen mount iPhone cradle to attach like this:

Mike

Ask a Question