Neat Little FM transmitter - Dynex DX-FMD1

TomTom Model(s)
2505TM
Picked this up at Bestbuy (Canada) works great with my GO 730!
I'm using the USB connector to power my GPS and the audio cable for hands-free cell phone thru the car speakers. Neat and tidy solution IMO!

blurb....
The Dynex FM transmitter and charger is designed for any media player that comes with an audio output via a 3.5mm audio jack (MP3, CD, DVD and cassette tape players). AND TOMTOM GO with V8.3 firmware LOL

FEATURES:

Instruction: Plug the DX-FMD1 into the car/truck cigarette lighter or power adaptor, and the audio cable into the audio output jack of the music player. Set the station displayed on the LCD of the unit to an "available" frequency (no broadcast station – varies by location) on your radio.

Offers digital station selection: Allow you to choose any available frequency across the full FM broadcast band.

Comes with 3 push button station: Allow you to pre-set any available frequency.

Provides a USB port (type A) for charging a digital media player through its mini-USB port (5V, up to 500mA charging current).

Saves power by turning itself off automatically in the absence of audio coming from the media player.

Designed with patented Aerielle Enabled technology.

Last edited:
Picked this up at Bestbuy (Canada) works great with my GO 730!
DX-FMD1
"Saves power by turning itself off automatically in the absence of audio coming from the media player???" If you don't have any navigation information, does that mean your FM goes into "no station hiss mode" in the car??? I'm not sure that would be a desirable feature for TT use unless there's a significant delay before it shuts down, or if that feature can be disabled.

Last edited:
I have the 930.. it does the following:

1. pair with my cell phone via bluetooth.

2. When call comes in, the 930 answers automatically
(autoanswer after specified delay).
I don't need to touch its screen.

3. Mp3 player on the 930 sends music via fm to car radio.
-- if not using 8.3, instructions can also be sent via fm.
-- when turning instruction comes, it mutes the music and
navigation takes over.

I tried the FM transmitter in my 920 in our 2006 Accord. The 920 must not be anywhere near the car's antenna because it didn't work.

Ask a Question