Navcore 8 takes a long time to get a satellite fix

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1535
Has anyone else noticed that it takes almost a full minute or even two to get a satellite fix after they installed Navcore 8? I download the new quickfix every few days and 2 days ago I went on a trip and it was terrible; i kept losing reception and it kept coming back. I never had such horrible satellite reception before the update. Even in an empty Wal-mart parking lot I only got 4 of the 5 bars. I can usually sit in my house and get a full signal.

.....Even in an empty Wal-mart parking lot I only got 4 of the 5 bars. I can usually sit in my house and get a full signal.

You require only 4 satellites to get a good GPS lock and any given day the number of satellites available is not consistant.
I found it better to switch on the GPS, wait for the satellite lock and start moving the vehicle. Eventhough we download the GPS Fix, I would think that the GPS would first try to use the previous data (stored before last shutdown) to locate satellites and then use the info from the GPS Fix.
I usually get satellites in less than 20-30s even without regular updating the GPS Fix and I have navcore 8. I think, it would work almost consistantly if you are starting the TT at the same place as you shutdown within 1-2 days.

Ask a Question