Navcore 8.301 for x20 devices now available

Isn't there supposed to be a release notes for every
firmware change? kind of README file indicating what
are the changes and so on?

This tomtom crude system of uploading firmware updates and
expecting us to blindly do it is a very bad business practice.
The method is an insult to the intelligence of its customers.

I'm sticking to my old firmware.

Downloaded last night and tested today. Still have the stuttering with the computer voice and the map is still a little behind of were I actually am.

The wait continues.... :(

I have been holding off on the last two firmware upgrades because of the issues posted.
I REALLY wonder about TomTom.
We here on the forum are only a handful of users who have this insightful valuable input.
What must be happening with the many thousands or millions of users who don't use forums like this?

Sidney

Yes, there is a very crude README indicating what the changes are.
The first page/first post lists the link to this change list and so did I at the bottom of the second page.
FAQ:6141 said:
As I posted before unless you are in Australia and have a 920 or 930 that uses EPT there is no need to be using 8.301 firmware

Studdering voices

Want to hear something stuped. Support contacted me today concerning the voice problem They had the nerve to say to switch to a standard voice and stop using the computer voice. Are they NUTS Some fix. This is the typical lousy fixes that go backward

Yes, it still stutters and no, FM nav instructions have not been enabled. Our British friends have apparently taken a different tack now. They've started a petition to TomTom, gathering a list of case numbers to prove the x20's and x30's are currently unfit for purpose. The intent is to put serious pressure on TomTom to make a permanent fix available as well as to request compensation for removal of features. If you'd like to add your TomTom case number to the list, please visit:

www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?...opic&t=74296&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The more pressure that is put on TomTom, the more likely this issue will be resolved to our satisfaction.

This tomtom crude system of uploading firmware updates and
expecting us to blindly do it is a very bad business practice.
The method is an insult to the intelligence of its customers.

I thought I was on the TiVo forum for a second! There are a raft of complaints everytime TiVo releases new software because they don't issue release notes either!

Ask a Question