Navcore 8.010 - Toronto Area Map Question

G'day all.
I was going to update my map, as TomTom has emailed me and wants more of my money ( :) ) but I was hoping someone could verify if a key route in my area has been updated? This is a new highway in the Hamilton, Ontario area called the Red Hill Valley Parkway. It joins QEW Niagara near Lake Ontario to the Lincoln Alexander Parkway on the upper escarpment side of Hamilton.

If this portion of the map has not yet been updated, I'll probably save myself the $80 and wait until next year to update.

Thanks so much,

I checked my 130S which has the updated 720 map and the Red Hill Valley Parkway is not there. But then again it's not on Google Maps or MapQuest. I suspect that it may take more than a year for it to appear. The subdivision I live in is still missing streets and it's been here for over 5 years.

It appears that Tele Atlas has the data, so it might be show up in the Fall release of TomTom's maps.
I noticed that Red Hill Valley Parkway in Hamilton, and the new Trans-Canada Highway in north-western New Brunswick are showing in the websites with embedded google maps, like http://poifriend.com/poi_explorer.php
9 Months for new Major highway changes to show up at the mapping companies. Hopefully the GPS manufacturers are quick to use this new data.

G'day all. Red Hill Valley Parkway.
If this portion of the map has not yet been updated, I'll probably save myself the $80 and wait until next year to update.
The Google Navteq map http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.258526,-79.770684&spn=0.00042,0.001332&t=h&z=20 shows the track of the Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers before the DOH cut off 30 feet of the property for the Parkway ramp two years ago.
Since Red Hill does not show on my 805.1801 map I think you can save your money for now.

Weird, Google Maps sometimes shows TeleAtlas and other times a Navteq map.

Not updated on my new 930

That new highway is not showing up on my new 930 and I just used my new map guarantee the other day.

On a side note, this link takes you to a Tele Atlas only version of Google Maps that has the new highway. The Hybrid style map is a really interesting view in this case.

tele atlas updates their maps frequently (esp with map insight, the deal with google, and tomtom mapshare), so it's more likely tomtom hasn't caught with their map updates yet. you should see changes in the next update or so.

That new highway is not showing up on my new 930 and I just used my new map guarantee the other day.
Is that 805.1801, the one that came with mine, end of May?
If yes, Is your Advanced Lane Guide working?
If no, what is your map version and again, is your advanced lane guide working with that new map?

On a side note, this link takes you to a Tele Atlas only version of Google Maps that has the new highway. The Hybrid style map is a really interesting view in this case.
There is something very weird.
The satellite view is the same photo as the map I showed. Two years old before we had to relocate the 7-1/4" track because the Burlington Street ramp had to be shifted to the west to make space for the QEW lane for the Red Hill ramp.
In the hybrid view the lines for the Red Hill are just drawn over the picture of the construction site.

Same thing with the new extension to the 410 in Brampton, the highway is just drawn over the existing countryside in the satellite photo.
It is entertaining to see the TT trying to link up to the surrounding dead end streets bordering the new highway extension :)

"Red Hill Valley Parkway" and "new extension to the 410 in Brampton"

We know that these features didnt appear in the 805 maps. Any sign of them in the new 810 edition?

"Red Hill Valley Parkway" and "new extension to the 410 in Brampton"

We know that these features didnt appear in the 805 maps. Any sign of them in the new 810 edition?

They are both shown on Google maps although the satellite photo is at least three years old.

Ask a Question