Nav4 v14.6

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 620
Version 14.600
GO 40, GO 40S, GO 50, GO 50S, GO 60, GO 60S, GO 50 3D, GO 60 3D, GO 500, GO 600, START 40, START 50, START 60

View list of navigation instructions
See a list of turn-by-turn instructions for your planned route. Select Current Route in the Main Menu, then selectShow Instructions.

Default changed to "Zoom in to next turn"
In the Settings menu, the default for Automatic zoom has been changed to Zoom in to next turn.

Restructuring of the Appearance Settings menu
The layout of the Appearance screen in the Settings menu has been improved.

Community POIs are under development and coming soon...
Other bug fixes and improvements

Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Looks like they are finally adding the custom POIs in the near future.

Yes, that's been the rumor for a while now. In the Fall, they asked for additional beta volunteers to test this feature. The fact that it did not appear in 14.600 says that it needs a bit more work before release.

The first thing that was necessary for "avoid part of route" in the way we used to be able to do it was to be able to display the route in a way that would allow selection of legs to be avoided! So I am hoping that the fact that they can now supply a list of instructions means that they are headed in that direction, but we'll see. I can see huge + and - for any attempt to deselect certain legs using the map rather than a list. At this point, we don't know which way they'll jump, if they do eventually give us that feature back.

At least we've got an 'avoid roadblock' feature back already, though I would surely like to be able to specify the distance to the problem as was possible in the old days.

Anyone notice the setting for the compass is gone? I enabled it (I believe, if I remember correctly) in last update and want to turn it off, but can't seems to find the setting.

Nav4 hmmm - After all this time there is absolutely no way that TomTom are going to add POI's to their current navigation devices! (or many other ingredients that made the older devices so good)
If they do it at all (and/or they don't buy PocketgpsWorld) it will only be introduced for a new lot of devices and everyone will have to buy one of those in order to get the previously provided stuff. (Don't give someone something then later take it away - you will get trouble or the company will fail).
They previously sacked too many of there programmers and are now incapable of solving the software problem or it is a financial matter for them - errr bad management?
Sadly, if this is the route they wish to travel, they are nowhere near the best in 3G applications (used on your phone) and doubtful they will ever even catch up to the free ones out there (and that link to PocketgpsWorld).

Nav4 hmmm - After all this time there is absolutely no way that TomTom are going to add POI's to their current navigation devices!
Side bet? Dinner at Mixx?

Aha - I was hoping for reaction, tell us what you know.
Hope its a good answer, after over 12 months of waiting, for something that had been promised months ago.
Bit like promising that our Moon is going to disappear someday :)

PS I don't live near Leicester

I know what I said above. TomTom solicited beta testers for that feature in their own forum in the Fall, so I would think they were trying to make this happen.

Oops - my mistake. How about Manchester House? Aiden Byrne does good stuff. Willing to take the bet, or have you reversed course yet?

Last edited:
POI's have been promised, almost since the GO 6000 & GO5000 were released onto us British back around the end of autumn 2013. (What year is it now?)
There was a mention during the intervening period, of beta testers for that particular software but have you ever spoken to, chatted with, anyone that participated in that beta test?.
I have spoken to and seen comments from many that kindly offered their services but none were ever contacted, after offering to assist. No one I know can trace one person that was involved, as a lay person or any other type of person, on that beta test.
Tom Tom as you may or may not know sacked practicality all of their tried and tested programmers along with middle and lower management some time ago and so have had immense difficulties with their in car devices and look to be still doing so.
As I said previously - if you know something we don't, please do tell.
If its a hunch or a feeling in the seat of the pants you have, well we can all wait in gleeful anticipation for the pig to land smoothly on Fifth Ave,
Does anyone have a pinch of salt?

Maybe I should join canderson. That would give me an excuse to run with the Urmston lads at Abbotsfield Park.

As I said previously - if you know something we don't, please do tell.
NDA rears its ugly head but I will say, do not use past tense when talking about invitees.

Is this a forum about grammar, punctuation or colloquial abbreviations?
No. I think you entirely missed his point!

Perhaps because like Arno ... To answer your 2nd question in post #12, yes. It is not an extinct species.

So I wonder what the new top range Tomtom's satnav devices, announced to dealers, will be able to do :)

To what range do you refer? Those known as the "Bridge" units? Best I can tell from the adverts so far, the answer is most definitely "Quite a lot!"

Beta testers have to agree to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), so you won't hear any public disclosure of the status of the POI testing until it launches.

Tomtom has a consumer launch event on April 29, so you should hear about a lot of new products and services at that time.

Beta testers? What beta testers? (Looking under desk). Is someone under there? :rolleyes:

Ask a Question