Native POI or POIEditor

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I'm sure this isn't the proper forum subarea, but I didn't see one that might be more suited, so I'll ask here.

I've seen quite a bit about editing POIs, along with adding, deleting, the likes with the program POIEditor. Is there a reason to use the program POIEditor (I think that's what it is) over just the native POI functions on the TT itself? Are there better ones out there now?

Thanks for any logic forwarded.

I'm sure this isn't the proper forum subarea, but I didn't see one that might be more suited, so I'll ask here.

I've seen quite a bit about editing POIs, along with adding, deleting, the likes with the program POIEditor. Is there a reason to use the program POIEditor (I think that's what it is) over just the native POI functions on the TT itself? Are there better ones out there now?

Thanks for any logic forwarded.

Only advantage is that the POIEdit might be a tad easier because of the big screen, keyboard, and mouse that you can use on the PC to create these. They are no better than the ones you create on the TomTom itself.

I like to use Google Maps to create my POIs...my instructions below:
>>> Google Maps and POI <<<

POIedit is great because you can convert files from .csv(spreadsheets) to .ov2.
You can also view the whole list of POI entries you have and edit them faster.

also handy to be able to convert to google earth .kml files and load your poi's into google to see where things are, or create poi's in google earth and convert to the tomtom ov2 format.

poiedit is a great program.

Ask a Question