My TomTom........

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One 3rd
undershoots my street when navigating. Is this a common occurence among all GPS devices in the car? It will actually try to put me on a street that is just before mine. Also how long should I wait before updating my maps. I have the new TomTom1 3rd edition.

I was in a town earlier this month where every street was off by about 50 to 100 yards depending on the direction I was driving.

Do the other streets in your area line up?

How are you navigating to your home, by address or by previously marking it in the GPS?

Your map guarantee is good for 30 days.

Try this...park on your street in front of your driveway and mark your "current location" either as "home" or as a favorite. that should get you there accurately.

I am sorry to ask a stupid question but since I am new to the whole GPS thing would you walk me through the steps of marking my current location as home? I have the ONE 3rd edition. TIA

Not a problem.

to add a favorite......on the first screen you will see "add favorite" icon. You can use this to add a favorite at any time. click the icon and the second screen gives you various options. I find the third screen "my location" to be the handiest option for setting favorites.

for home...main screen>change preferences> to the second screen and choose "change home location". again you get the options screens and again on the second screen choose "my location"

hope that's clear enough....kinda hard to explain remotely. :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question