My TomTom ONE is here!

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
As many of you may know, I was lucky enough to be the winner of the recent TomTom Forums contest for a TomTom ONE. After a few weeks of anticipation of my first GPS unit, the ONE has arrived! I am still going through the options and reading the manual and such, but once I get it all situated, I will put some pictures of it up in this thread.

To answer a couple questions that I'm sure some of you have, it is a TomTom ONE New Edition with the SiRF chipset.

I was also lucky enough to get in touch with TomTom prior to receiving this ONE, and I received the US & Canada DVD a day before the device arrived!

Before I go for now, I just have one question. I notice that the map software allows one activation. I do not have a larger SD card at the moment, but I plan to get one in the near future. If I activate the new maps and transfer them to the included SD card, will I be unable to use them on a new SD card later on?

Here are a couple of pictures, with more to come!

boxya0.jpg

insideib3.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Akeru and welcome back. I'm glad to see you finally have your ONE.

I'm still jealous of you winning the conest so I don't know if I should help you...haha j/k :D

To answer your question, yes, you can use the activation on the new SD card. I installed the USA/Canada, NA, Major Roads, and Guam maps on my 2GB SD card no problem ;)

I notice that the map software allows one activation. I do not have a larger SD card at the moment, but I plan to get one in the near future. If I activate the new maps and transfer them to the included SD card, will I be unable to use them on a new SD card later on?

Once you get your activation code from ttcode.com, write it down. You can use it as often as you need to, as long as you are installing the map on the same unit.

Congrats on getting your Unit!!!
Did ou get a v2 or a v3?
What version of Maps are already installed?
before you do ANYTHING else... make a FULL BACKUP! ;)

And lastly... ENJOY!!! :D

Congrats! You will love the ONE! :) And it's even sweeter because it was free.

Hey all!

The unit has been great so far. I'm truly amazed at what this thing can do. I haven't done much tweaking yet, but I was able to get Tripmaster installed onto it and I've been toying around with that.

One problem I have been having...the mount has actually fallen off of my window twice - in two different cars while driving. :( I'm afraid to put it up again because I don't want it to break! Do you guys have any tips so that it won't fall off on me again?

Sorry about the delay in pictures, I have a very sick relative and it's been a busy week.

Hey all!

The unit has been great so far. I'm truly amazed at what this thing can do. I haven't done much tweaking yet, but I was able to get Tripmaster installed onto it and I've been toying around with that.

One problem I have been having...the mount has actually fallen off of my window twice - in two different cars while driving. :( I'm afraid to put it up again because I don't want it to break! Do you guys have any tips so that it won't fall off on me again?

Sorry about the delay in pictures, I have a very sick relative and it's been a busy week.

Don't worry about the pictures, take care of family/friends FIRST!

Now the trick is to really push in the stem of the sunction as close to the window as you can. This will secure it. Other people sugest to moisten the sunction for better...suction (lack of a better word).

Of course there are alternative mounts you can look at as well.

Indeed, you have to push on the centre to get a good grip. Beforehand, I wasn't doing so and was simply pushing around the edges and had the mount fall off several times.

the mount has actually fallen off of my window twice - in two different cars while driving.

The Trick is to first place the mount firmly on your windshield. Then attach your ONE.

Do not attach the ONE to the mount then mount it to the windshield. It mostly likely fall.

I appreciate the tips for the suction mount. I have not had a problem since I've been using your methods!

I've also edited the original post to include a couple of pictures of when the unit arrived. I will hopefully have some time to take some pictures of the in-car setup also.

Thanks all!

Ask a Question