My mount for my 98 GMC Jimmy

TomTom Model(s)
tt720 and tt920
Here is where I put my 920. Its convenient and accessible. The remote does come in handy but not necessary. I can cover it with my ash tray or put something in front of it. I had to modify the metal bracket so the power cord would fit. click on the pictures to enlarge.

Sorry about the pictures- hope this works

Last edited:
redx2.gif

nice job. we have the same car, well close, mine is a '99. still have yet to put my TT in there at all since when we go driving we taker my wife's car since the jimmy guzzles gas a bit.

i've moded the console of my jimmy some so it looks just a little different.
Do you by any chance not want that cd holder type part in your console (or know where to find one). It comes out with a little work. I know it's a stupid question since then there would be a hole, but i had to ask anyways since i have turned mine into a custom ipod dock, but i'm thinking about selling the car, the bondo cracked a bit. so i think i either need to repair it, which would be a pain, or find a new cd holder to pop in there.

I'd hate to take my eyes off the road to be looking down that far on a regular basis, but as long as it works for you.

I do like the fact that you can just cover it up when you park...

Ask a Question