MP3 GO730 Issue

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Anyone experienced this?
I have a couple hundred songs on my GO730 SD card under MP3 Folder. Lately, it started messing up as follow:.

a) Start a song. Plays 15 to 20 seconds and stops.
b) Start a song. Nothing happens. After several seconds, the song start for a few second then stop
c) Push to start a song. No song.
d) Start a song. Start playing then stops. A few second later, starts playing, by itself, a portion of 5 or 6 songs one after another (like 10 to 15 seconds.
Wierd! I contacted TomTom. They say the software is corrupted. Reloaded the software from their web site. Same thing happens. I did many reset. It works for 3 or 4 songs then back to the same problem. I bought a new SD and re-loaded all. Same problem. It was working fine early on. All the songs are MP3. Put the SD on my PC and it all plays with no problem. Of course, the warranty is passed by 2 months.

Anyone out there with an idea?

I believe that TT has a problem with too many mp3 files at once.

Try this:

Just have 100 on a sd card. Any problems? If not, add 25 more, etc.

Just a fine point to add to Statman's comment: "Online/digital music" is not always in MP3 format. You also see it in Windows format (.wma) and others, which the TT doesn't currently support.

Putting the SD in a PC would work fine with both .mp3 and .wma files because most have a built-in in player which handles both formats..

If this is the case, there are many programs which will convert between the two (and many others). A popular free one is here.

check to see if you have any non .mp3 files in your mp3 folder.
Hey Statman,
Have you submitted the "Safety Cameras" on 28th in Boulder? Some of the ones at Arapahoe and (Canyon, is it?) are not all showing up. I've submitted them, but no update has included them yet.

Hey Statman,
Have you submitted the "Safety Cameras" on 28th in Boulder? Some of the ones at Arapahoe and (Canyon, is it?) are not all showing up. I've submitted them, but no update has included them yet.

I use the third party "trapster" and they show up.

Attachments

• tr.jpg
    tr.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
I use the third party "trapster" and they show up.
Hmmm. Looking at the Trapster page, it seems that this info is only available for Nokia phones. True?

Were you able to load this info into your TT?

If I remember correctly, there is a camera on both north-bound, and south-bound 28th at Arapahoe (just like at Canyon), but the image you sent doesn't show the south-bound, which is also the one missing from the TT download.

Ask a Question