Mounting help

That looks cool. Do you use it?

Have you tried Best Buy? They have this generic friction mount that should fit the TomTom.

8417055_sb.jpg

Here's the link to it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8417055&type=product&id=1181832025409

I was thinking of getting it since I wanted to take my TomTom from vehicle to vehicle but I instead got a 130S for work, and use my XL-S for my own SUV.

The 130S has a smaller and easier to carry windshield mount, it just folds behind the TomTom so I can put it into it's carry case and just throw it into my work bag, the friction pad would have been too big.

Hope this helps.

I was thinking of getting it since I wanted to take my TomTom from vehicle to vehicle but I instead got a 130S for work, and use my XL-S for my own SUV.

The 130S has a smaller and easier to carry windshield mount, it just folds behind the TomTom so I can put it into it's carry case and just throw it into my work bag, the friction pad would have been too big.

Hope this helps.

I checked the NavMat site, and they actually have a warning that it might not be suitable for TT ONE's because of the low clearance for the sucktion cup stand. That Ring is about 1 inch high, so TT would have to be tilted up.

I ordered a similar beanbag from NewEgg - Made by Arkon. I just bought the beanbag mount alone, but I believe Arkon also makes one with a custom pedestal that fits the TT ONE as well.

Rick

Go to www.Semsons.com and order a Tom Tom One 7" Windshield Suction Pedestal Mount with Lateral Head Movement for $11.99 on sale + shipping and end your problems with falling Tom Toms. This is a real mount like on the Garmins and Magellans.

Just bought this mount. VERY nice. Sticks like glue and allows the TT to be adjusted in many different ways. Thanks for the info.:)

suction cup mounts

I don't trust suction cups to hold much weight, especially on rough roads. What I did for my 2002 Jeep Liberty was stick the suction cup on the windshield in such a way that the weight of the XL ended up resting on the dash...it has never come off.

For my Jeep Grand Cherokee I purchased a 3rd party suction cup unit that worked perfectly stuck vertically on the ledge in front of the speedometer/charging/oil pressure/temp/etc readouts. The only gauge hidden is the temp one. The unit has a long flexible arm that keeps my XL just below the top of the dash.

Go to www.Semsons.com and order a Tom Tom One 7" Windshield Suction Pedestal Mount with Lateral Head Movement for $11.99 on sale + shipping and end your problems with falling Tom Toms. This is a real mount like on the Garmins and Magellans.

My Magellan came with this mount but have always been trying to mount my ONE XL to that mount, until I went to that site, I saw that they have the little adapter plate! Now I can use my Magellan mount!!!

Ask a Question