Start 55TM un-mounting from suction??

TomTom Model(s)
Start55
Sorry i should have started a new thread.

How do i separate my tomtom from the mount?

I want to use my vent mount. Works much better for me. But i cant use the mount the way the tomtom is attatched to suction mount?

I just want the base unit.

Thanks

They may never use a GPS, but at least the brass could ask (ahem) their drivers what they think, eh? :rant:

Yep, that as well. Its mostly all about cutting costs these days. Gone are the days of great customer service and what the customer wants lol

Not sure why it came integrated. Oh well.

1. Cheap
2. Some bright spark in a 'focus group' said "It's annoying to have to carry the mount around"...
What I found ironic was that one "comparison" review of different GPS units gave higher marks to the TomTom units with the integral mount. I have no idea why they agreed with the wizard at TomTom who decided - apparently while in a chemically enhanced stupor - that this was a good idea.

The first thing I did when I got my GO LIVE 1535 was to remove the mount and substitute the appropriate adapter that allows me to use the GPS with a third-party mount.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

At first blush, the idea of an integrated mount has some merit. It's not until you have to use the silly things that you begin to realize why it's not a good idea. My guess is that since the reviewers are doing 1 shot testing, they don't realize what they've gotten themselves into with these mounts.

Exactly...
You can also imagine the way a survey question would be worded...

"Do you think having a neat, integrated mount would be better than having to carry a bulky separate one around with you? YES/NO"

:rolleyes:

Ask a Question