Mounting help

How do you get the suction cup to hold? I have a tt1 XL and it won'y stick very well to the windshield or the dash plate.

How do you get the suction cup to hold? I have a tt1 XL and it won'y stick very well to the windshield or the dash plate.

Try cleaning the suction cup and the glass on the inside. The slightest bit of dirt or oil will play havoc. Try a cleaner which has vinegar but make sure it is compatable w/ tinted glass if you have it!!!

I have found that the whole suction cup thing works great in my particular car, by putting it in a cup holder. It does not use any suction, it just seems to be the right size you can jam it in. It helps that I have cup holder nearly at the dash so I don't have to look down very far.

I myself really don't like the idea of putting anything on the windshield. So this solution works great for me.

Place the mount on the windshield or disk first!
Then place the unit on the mount.
Do not place the unit on the mount then the windshield or disk

I cleaned the glass good with alcohol and pushed the suction cup on there and then mounted my One. Has been there for months with no problem.....

There's no good windshield location for a Honda Odyssey due to the heavily sloped windshield and deep dashboard. And I didn't want to glue a big adhesive plate to my dash. So I purchased two of the vent mounts listed here. Note there is a dinky coupon code "prior5" that will save you $0.99 on two of the mounts. These things better not suck! ;)

My only concern is the center dash vents on the Ody don't have an on/off control so heat/AC will be blowing on the back of my GPS which probably isn't ideal. I might have to jimmy some sort of air dam to the back of the thing to block a direct air flow.

Has anyone found a "sand bag" holder for the TT1 for the dash? For as much as I like the vent holder it seems like the AC or heat will kill the unit..

Thanks,
Jim

Has anyone found a "sand bag" holder for the TT1 for the dash? For as much as I like the vent holder it seems like the AC or heat will kill the unit..

Thanks,
Jim

Something like this?
ramb138279to4.jpg

Source: www.ram-mount.com

Just a follow-up. These vent mounts kick major butt. http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/tto129-srvc.htm Keeps the GPS from hogging your dash and it's a little more out-of-sight for people not in your car. I love how quickly you can remove the GPS from it, as well. Blocks about 2/3 of your vent but overall absolutely no complaints!

Last edited:
Mount Suction Problems?

Go to www.Semsons.com and order a Tom Tom One 7" Windshield Suction Pedestal Mount with Lateral Head Movement for $11.99 on sale + shipping and end your problems with falling Tom Toms. This is a real mount like on the Garmins and Magellans.

Just a follow-up. These vent mounts kick major butt.

Blocks about 2/3 of your vent but overall absolutely no complaints!

I just wonder how the cold AC air in the summer or the hot air in a cold winter would affect the electronics :confused: .

Ask a Question