Mount

TomTom Model(s)
510 w/ iPod and RAZR Bluetooth
Is anyone else experiencing mount issues? My mount will stick to the windshield for about 30 minutes then fall. If my tt is mounted it will start to droop then eventually fall. Just wondering if there is a new mount available or if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks

I havent had my tt for even a year yet, how do i find out what mount im using?

I had problems with my TT1 right out of hte box and TomTom tech support told me to buy a new one. Since I wasn't pleased with that kind of response on a new product and there was no reason to expect the new one to be better I recently ordered a mount from Proclip but there are other options from arkon and ram mount. Do a search and you'll find some options.

I havent had my tt for even a year yet, how do i find out what mount im using?

Which one do you have?

592.jpg

I had trouble at first, and found I wasn't turning the based all the way. Keep turning it until you hear a click and it locks. there is a dot or arrow that lines up on mine when it's locked.

I have the new one. I am clicking it twice to make it locked. I suppose ill just shop around for a new one.

I have a 700 without either of those mounts. I am experienceing the same problems. So much so, that I rarely use the device now... :(

link to taking apart tomtom go mount?

Does anyone have the link to the thread about how to take apart the go mount? The pictures had a way to take apart the mount down to separating out the ball joint and inserting a piece of cloth fabric to add extra friction? I can't find that link now that I'm ready to do it.

That's the one

This should be a sticky!! That is it, I'm off to the tools now.

Thanks
:)

All done

I followed these instructions, put a piece of hook and loop "velcro" in there and voila, my droopy mount works like it should. Thanks again to the forum for another save!!:D

Ask a Question