missing maps

TomTom Model(s)
tomtomone new edition
hope you wil all bare with me as i am a newbie to this,i actually posted it yesterday but cant remember where.i bought a tom tom one new edition from usa as i am going to tour there in a few weeks,obviously comes with pre loaded usa/canada maps.so it arrives all seems in order.i purchase australian maps.this is where i must have gone wrong.i get a 1 gig sd card load it download aussie maps.thats ok but usa/canada maps dissapear.i done a backup so all sems well ,i purchase a 2 gigsd card to download backup on to.tom tom will not recognise sd card ,i cant find out how to download latest application to an sd card.i am tearing my hair out ,lol.any help greatly appreciated.:confused:

I'm unsure on what you exactly did but here is the way it should have been done...

When you put any SD card in a ONE model, your tt system ignores your internal memory. That implies you need to copy everything from your tt internal memory to your 2GB SD card. This can be accomplished by doing a backup of your system to your hard drive using Windows explorer. If you have a card adapter for your SD card, use it and copy your hard drive backup onto your 2GB SD card. If you don't have an adapter for your SD card, you will need to put it in your tt system and link it to your computer with your USB cable. You should see your 2GB SD card and copy all your internal backup data to your 2GB SD card.

Disconnect your tt system from your computer after making sure everyhting has finished copying. Turn off your tt system and turn it back on. If everything was copied correctly, you should have a working tt system from the SD card instead of internal memory.

Once you have a working system with the SD card, you can start to think about your Australian map. Your map would have been downloaded on your hard drive in the Tomtom directory, and the map subdirectory. It is now time to add it.

Once added, you have to select which map to use in the preferences. Navigate thru it and you should see ?change map? and you will be able to choose between your two maps.

I don't know the size

Hey Paul, it's like Gilbert said. You can only use the internal memory, or the SD card. It's not like you'll need the maps at the same time anyway! If I were you, I'd keep whichever one you plan to use more often on your internal memory, and when you need the other, just pop in the card. Good luck on your trip to the states!

thanks gilbert & smokiewolf.i have done the suggested actions.dont help.i know the backup is on the 2 gig card as i opened it & had a look.when i insert the sd card all i get is a warning not to take the card out.the card flashing with the red x through it.nothing happens i downloaded the clear flash tool from tt home but that didnt work either.i am at my wits end as my trip is in 3 weeks.:eek: :eek:

thanks gilbert & smokiewolf.i have done the suggested actions.dont help.i know the backup is on the 2 gig card as i opened it & had a look.when i insert the sd card all i get is a warning not to take the card out.the card flashing with the red x through it.nothing happens i downloaded the clear flash tool from tt home but that didnt work either.i am at my wits end as my trip is in 3 weeks.:eek: :eek:

The red X signifies the unit doesn't see the operating system. you are sure you copied those files to the card, not just the map?

Try a pin reset with the card in and see if that helps.

Is you TT application on the card??? other members have received the Red X and found that the application either was not there or needed to be updated!!

You should backup all your internal memory card with Windows Explorer AND make sure you also copy any hidden files to your backup and also copy them back to your SD card. You may miss some hidden files on your SD card...

If you can operate your TT with internal memory, this means all your needed files are there, if all your files are copied to the SD card, it should operate the same way when your SD vard is inserted right.

Ask a Question