Missing Maps for N.America

Hi All,

I downloaded new maps for North America and Canada and transfered them into the North_America folder on my TomTom 950.

Now when I switch it on there are no maps showing for these areas.

All I have is:

Western Europe
Guam
Canary Islands.

The folder for North_America is still showing on the drive for the TomTom with all the data in it but the device will not recognise it on boot up and allow me to select the maps in the manage maps window.

Please could anyone help as to why this has happened and how I get back my N.American and Canadian maps as these are the places I need them for ASAP as Im back out on the road tomorrow.....

Crisis or what.

Many Thanks in advance

Are you SURE you have a 950? There is no TT 950 available in Canada. Do you mean a 930??

Are you SURE you have a 950? There is no TT 950 available in Canada. Do you mean a 930??

SORRY!!!

What a plonker its a TT Go910

We brought it from UK when we moved with all maps pre-installed.

Thanks and sorry once again... :(

If you downloaded the North_American map (Canada IS part of North America, you know ;) ), then you'll find it here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

So........use Explorer to look at the contents of the North_America folder on YOUR UNIT. Do you see a file with an extension of .meta.dct? If not, use WinRar to go to the compressed .cab map folder in the location I showed above, within the .cab file, besides other stuff, is another cab with a file in it with the extension of .meta.dict. Extract this file and copy it to the North America folder on your unit. Do a reset of the unit and try again.

If you DID see a file with the extension of .meta.dct in the North America folder on your unit, then do you have the most recent application for your unit?

If you downloaded the North_American map (Canada IS part of North America, you know ;) ), then you'll find it here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

So........use Explorer to look at the contents of the North_America folder on YOUR UNIT. Do you see a file with an extension of .meta.dct? If not, use WinRar to go to the compressed .cab map folder in the location I showed above, within the .cab file, besides other stuff, is another cab with a file in it with the extension of .meta.dict. Extract this file and copy it to the North America folder on your unit. Do a reset of the unit and try again.

If you DID see a file with the extension of .meta.dct in the North America folder on your unit, then do you have the most recent application for your unit?

Hi again and thanks.

below is the only file with the extension .meta on the units drive.

USA_and_Canada-117.meta

All I know is all was working fine before installing the maps now the unit will not recognise North American maps on the manage maps menu.

Did you do as I said about extracting the meta.dct file from the cab file?

Couldnt see any cab file but in the UNIT North_America folder the meta.dct file is there.

Is there another location on the unit which determines which set of maps are loaded on boot up??

If the .meta.dict file IS in the North_America map folder on the unit, the application should recognize the map.

For some, running the Clear Flash tool for this situation help.

Download from here and run it 3 times.

Ask a Question