Military Installation POI's

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Maybe someone has tried or done this before, if not, would someone be willing to build a POI of the US military installations? Thanks.

In all seriousness in light of homeland security and terririst activity, I don't think it's a good idea to let them know all the military locations. To coin an old WWII saying. Loose lips sink ships.

I think normal military installations are completely ok to identify. My Magellen navigated me right to several, which was handy as i'm military.

I joined the forum today Nov 4,2007. I have a GO700 and a GO910. I like my 910 better but was wondering when I can download the weather in the states. They advertised it in their newsletter , but when I try to download it, its just for foreign countrys.What is the laterst version for the 910 ?I have it on my computer, I think, another thing is you cannot have the GO700 and the GO910 on the computer with the same email address.I had to omit the 700 and upgrade it to my GO910. A little odd,I would say. Why do I have two of them, my 700 quit, so I sent it in for repairs, in the meantime while waiting for it, I bought the GO910, I use it in the car, and the GO700 I use on my motorcycle trike when I travel with it.I don't use maps anymore when I travel, just the Tomtom;s.

General Military installations are public knowledge. Go buy a regular map, they are all in there. So making a POI list won't be any big deal. What would be a big deal are installations that are considered classified.

Most US Military Bases are not classified and lists are available online. However maps of military bases may or may not be available. I have google mapped quite a few and have had no problem. Small installations are not necessarily listed since some are as big as my garage. Remember a special ID is required to access any military reservation.

In all seriousness in light of homeland security and terririst activity, I don't think it's a good idea to let them know all the military locations. To coin an old WWII saying. Loose lips sink ships.

Yeah but it would be nice if we could have a way of allowing us to drive past these military installations on tomtom especially if there on public roads and saves 10 mins in journey time.

Just for info you cant drive past military installations it marks the road as undriveable:mad:

Military poi's are like cities

Search for military poi's as an addressaddress and enter the base name just like you would enter a city name. Got this from Tom Tom customer service. I just bought a XXL 550 while on the road to replace a broken Garmin. I'm retired military sso I use them often when I'm on the road in the RV. I tried a few different bases and the Tom Tom found all the bases in the state selected.

Military POI's

With the tom tom you will be able to navigate up to the gate or main entrances of most military bases. The tom tom won't see anything beyond that since these types of installations are considered "gated communities".

Ask a Question