MapShare Correction Preferences keep reseting

Has anyone else found a fix to the annoyance of having your MapShare Correction Preferences get reset when you sync to the PC?

e.g. In TomTom, I go to MapCorrections; Correction Preferences; and tick all the options ON. (Corrections I made myself, Corrections verified by TomTom, Corrections to POI that I have subscribed to, Corrections from Trusted Sources, Corrections reported by many, Corrections reported by some).

I have re checked these through the day when I am on the road, and they all stay stuck on.
BUT, when I get home and sync to my PC, only the first two stay ticked!! (Corrections I made myself, Corrections verified by TomTom)
So, I then have to re-tick the last four again (Corrections to POI that I have subscribed to, Corrections from Trusted Sources, Corrections reported by many, Corrections reported by some)

The response from TTsupport just awknowledged they were aware of the problem...

i called tomtom non support tonite about the same problem and they told me to use the flash tool. didn't do me any good. i did take out my flash card and try the update and it worked. stuck the flash card back in and the same problem. i did notice a couple of files in my map folder on the tomtom hard drive that weren't on the map folder on the flash card. i copied them over to the flash card and it still did not update, but will try again tomorrow as the 2 files may have been the update. will keep posted.

actually, there were three files that i copied to the sd card from the hard drive. anyway, went to update everything tonight and it worked with my sd card in. so i can only guess that the missing files were the culprit. tthome is still resetting the options, or so it appears. but the update worked all the same regardless of what tthome showed.

Ask a Question