maps for g0530

mga

TomTom Model(s)
go530
i have 2 go530 tomtom sat navs one with a broken screen and one with a crashed software i have deleted the software on the second one and loaded alll the software onto it from the broken screen model. problem is that screen shows message you cannot use these maps on this device any help appreciated ken

If you're game, you might want to swap screens between the units to put one together with valid maps and a working screen.

Good idea but could i alter my device on tomtom home to make the software think it is in the right hardware ken

Nope. What you need to do is get the main board (with serial number) hooked up with otherwise all good hardware. That serial number is what ties the unit to your map.

Yes, I would do the opposite to what you've done and put the good screen onto the unit with the good maps and software.
Use one of our battery swap tutorials to find out how to open the case. After that it is a single ribbon-cable to swap the screens over (and another couple of easy connectors for the mic and light sensor).
You can probably use the whole of the front half of the good one rather than have to take the screen itself out of it.

Be VERY careful with the two tiny latches at the ends of the ribbon cable connector, it's very easy to snap them off. they need to be prised up and outwards gently with a suitable prod, but only by a millimetre.

Hi Everyone

I am new here on Tomtom,

I have tomtom go 530 with the following details

Device xxxxxxxxx
App 9.430.890926.1. OS 842337
(2008, 21/03/2012)
64MB RAM (free 12.9MB)
GPS V1.20, Boot 5.5120
Map: 'United_Kingdom_and _Republic_of_Ireland' v805.1801
Language: English UK

I bought this device in 2008 and then updated the maps, Now I can not afford to update to latest maps.

I know the latest maps available on tomtom website is V9.05.

As I am new I will really appreciate if someone could help me with step by step to install latest maps on my Go 530 please.

I know I am being cheeky and asking for too much but I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you mean by "Now I can not afford to update to latest maps." that you are attempting to locate a 'free' update, that won't happen here. Even if we bundled up the entire UK map set, the mismatch in serial numbers (see above) would prevent them from working on your 530. If I've misunderstood what you're trying to accomplish, please advise.

Need help to install latest map on go 530.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I meant I can not afford to pay £40-50 to update map and it will be out dated after 3 months again.

As you are more experienced and the advise to Me is that there is no place where I can get free cracked map for my tomtom go 530? And I have to spend that money.

But I have seen a post on this for where moderator has uploaded a map v9.0.5 for go series with with navcore.

Will that not be installed on my go530?

Thanks for ur help.

Think about what you're doing... Software theft is no different from any other theft, and that's exactly what finding and installing a cracked/hacked map will be.

If you have bought the current latest map, that should be good to use for at least a year or more.
There is absolutely no need to have the VERY LATEST map all the time.

Ask a Question