Map Zone!!!

Hello everybody.

i tried today to update my VIA 1605TM maps US/CA/MEX. but i got a message tell me that i dont have enough space in my GPS. and i was offered to download only 1 MAP. well i got USA Zone map and all went fine. now the question is. what if i have to travel to Mexico or to Canada and no internet connection to download CA/MEX. map what will happen? i mean this is not right.

Now how can i get the full map back to my GPS? is there anyway? i can add 8Gb Card in there.
hours ago 3 counties was enough in the internal space now its require 8Gb? thats weird

Thanks a lot.

Toss an 8GB Class 6 uSD card into it and you'll be able to load the whole works without segmentation. Maps have begun to increase in size again due to the addition of more building information and a bunch of other detail.

Note: NO map can be split across internal + external card. It has to fit in one or the other.

Out of curiosity - does your serial number begin with WN or WO? WN units are 4GB internal, but WO units are 8GB. I'm not sure whether the WO was ever sold in the U.S. or not, but assuming you have WN, 4GB understand that at some point, internal memory alone won't hold the entire North American (US/Can/MX) map.

Hi

Yes it start with WN. so to get the full map do i have to download all the maps individaul into my sd card or there is a way to download the whole map in one click ? because i cant see where i can download the whole thing it gives me an options to download the maps i want individaul. ??

Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure which maps you will be offered, but with 8GB available, you should be able to pick up the full North America set as a single download. At present, it is offering you only what it knows will fit on your unit.

I'm in a similar bind. I went to update my 1605 with the latest North America maps today and MyDrive told me I didn't have enough room for the entire map. I selected a Map Zone and installed it. Then I discovered I have a slot for a mem card on this device and put in a 8 gb card. MyDirve is now showing both. So I'm good. Except I can't figure out how to remove the Map Zone from internal memory and then install the entire map on the card. Nowhere on MyDrive does this option exist. The only option I see is to install a different Map Zone. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Call CS tomorrow and see if they can assist..............

United States
866 486 6866
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT

Will do on Tuesday (Monday is a Federal holiday in the US) but I was hoping someone here might have the solution sparing me from dealing with CS.

Will do on Tuesday (Monday is a Federal holiday in the US) but I was hoping someone here might have the solution sparing me from dealing with CS.
Called the 800 number four times today and gave up each time after being on hold twenty minutes. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Their customer service has really gone downhill from three or four years ago when I could call and get answered within five minutes. And dealt with a US-based rep.

Update:
Finally got through after a 30 minute wait. But the tech said that since I have a Map Zone on the internal memory there is no way to add the full map to the external memory. I asked to be escalated to a higher level tech and was refused. "There are only two here now and they don't take calls." I paid for the full map. My device can handle the full map. Why can't I have it?

I'll be calling US Corporate tomorrow.

Last edited:
We discussed with our TT contacts a bit.

There is a MyDrive longstanding bug. The MyDrive software cannot install a full map on SD if a map zone is already installed on internal. If CS identifies you have this bug, they can remotely delete the zone so the software installs a full map on SD. MyDrive zones are new to the North American call center so not all of them are aware of the steps. Call back and ask the CSR to refer to defect # CCARE-1057 if they are unaware of the steps.

Ask a Question