Map Version and day/night view

I just purchased a XXL 540M and when I plugged it in for the first time, the HOME software said that my unit had the latest of everything. What is the latest map version out there so I can check it against my unit.

Also, does day/night light views switches automatically or I have to manually switch it?

My unit only comes with one female computer voice (American English), is it normal?

Thanks

I just purchased a XXL 540M and when I plugged it in for the first time, the HOME software said that my unit had the latest of everything. What is the latest map version out there so I can check it against my unit.

Also, does day/night light views switches automatically or I have to manually switch it?

My unit only comes with one female computer voice (American English), is it normal?

Thanks
The latest map is now 860. I'm still on 855 but will probably update this next week.

It's normal to only have one computer voice on the unit at a time as they're much larger than the human spoken voice. Having only one voice allows more room for future updates.

The day / night view does switch automatically IF you have it set to do that. To check your settings, tap screen... then tap 'change preferences'... then 'right arrow' until you see "Brightness preferences". Tap that. Now make sure your option to "Switch to night colors when dark" is ticked.

BTW, there is not a day/night sensor on these units. TomTom switches views according to a stored data base against your current Lat/Lon position.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.,

Thank you.

Another question. While I'm on the driving view, what do I have to do to switch it over to overhead look-down view?

The latest map is now 860. I'm still on 855 but will probably update this next week.

It's normal to only have one computer voice on the unit at a time as they're much larger than the human spoken voice. Having only one voice allows more room for future updates.

The day / night view does switch automatically IF you have it set to do that. To check your settings, tap screen... then tap 'change preferences'... then 'right arrow' until you see "Brightness preferences". Tap that. Now make sure your option to "Switch to night colors when dark" is ticked.

BTW, there is not a day/night sensor on these units. TomTom switches views according to a stored data base against your current Lat/Lon position.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.,

Thank you.

Another question. While I'm on the driving view, what do I have to do to switch it over to overhead look-down view?

• Tap screen...
  • Change preferences
  • Right arrow
  • Right arrow
  • Turn on 2D display
  • Then select choice of having travel dir up or North up.
  • click done

Ask a Question