Map Share - How do I know its doing it?

Mapshare does not function with the 6.60 or 6.65 maps. My understanding is that in order to get mapshare for the 2nd edition TT, you would have to purchase the 6.75 or 7.10 mapset.

Ok, dumb question. I just upgraded my TT1 v2 to Navcore 7 and received map version 7.131 however I am still unable to use Mapshare in TT Home 2.1. Huh? I thought I would be able to use Mapshare. When I tap the Map Corrections button on the TT1 it says that the map is out of date and not supported by Mapshare

Last edited:
Ok, dumb question. I just upgraded my TT1 v2 to Navcore 7 and received map version 7.131 however I am still unable to use Mapshare in TT Home 2.1. Huh? I thought I would be able to use Mapshare. When I tap the Map Corrections button on the TT1 it says that the map is out of date and not supported by Mapshare

7.131 is the application version on your TT unit. It isn't the map version.

Rainwater is correct, the 7.131 is referring to the firmware version of NavCore 7. If you tap the bottom right on the main navigation window, then tap the version button, you will come to a screen that will display your map version.

The mapshare option only works with map version 6.75 or higher. It's likely that you have a map version of 6.65 or even 6.60 which will not work as you have found out.

I'd like to bump this discussion up again.

I have map version 6.75 and get many mapshare upgrades. Almost every day when I connect it downloads something new. I have also made a number of corrections myself. A road that shouldn't even be there - a new road, etc.

I look for the changes I've sent but never see them updated in my map. I assume it is updating something. Has anyone seen a mapshare change? Is there a way to tell it has been changed?

I think someone mentioned he made a change and saw it corrected. Could you send that correction to me so I could check my map?

Thanks.

I think we all have a lot of unanswered questions about MapShare. Here are a few that come to mind.

• Will new and rerouted roads be included in MapShare updates or only blocked roads and POIs?
  • Let's say I have the 7.10 maps on my TomTom and in February TomTom releases the 7.15 maps.
    Will the changes in the 7.15 maps flow back to the 7.10 map users?
  • As additional changes from users are made to the 7.15 maps will they flow back to the 7.10 map users?
  • Will changes made by 7.15 map users flow up to users having 7.10 maps?
  • Will TomTom release a way that we can see what changes are being made either through an update to TomTom home or via a web site?

I'd really like to have TomTom answer questions like this so we all know what to expect.

If MapShare is done right updates must flow between different map revisions. If done right it will be a great feature but if done wrong it can be a nightmare.

Here's my stupid noob questions of the day

Stupid question that seems to be intuitively obvious to others: How do you mark corrections that will later be shared with MapShare? I'm reading about how people are identifying missing, blocked or misnamed roads, etc., but I don't know how to do this. I would expect it to be under the "Map corrections" button, but when I click that button my only choices are:
  • Download a map (this choice is grayed out)
  • Delete a map
  • Download free map corrections
  • Switch map

I don't see any way to mark a correction while I'm driving around.

Here's what I have:
  • TomTom One 3rd Edition
  • USA and Canada map v710
  • TomTom Home v2.1.2.121
  • I've already joined the MapShare community, so I'm set up to receive MapShare updates from other people
  • I've created a custom menu for my TomTom (mainly to give myself the Itinerary Planning function), but I doubt that this has anything to do with my confusion

The user interface on the TT One is simple, and I'm a fairly technically saavy person when it comes to computers, so I'm surprised that I can't figure this out. Again, it seems to me that identifying map corrections should be under the "Map corrections" button, but it's not.

:confused:

Thanks,

Steve

I've just recently upgraded to the 7.10 maps and been downloading and making my own mapshare corrections. But how do you really know the changes happen? Or how long will it take until they are incorporated? For some reason I thought it would be instant if you make the changes yourself. For example, I've adjusted the speed limits around my area to better match the realistic ones, and so tomtom should take the 'correct' and fastest route (which it currently doesn't). However, even after i make these changes, i don't notice a difference. I guess I don't really understand how it's supposed to work. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks

I've created a custom menu for my TomTom (mainly to give myself the Itinerary Planning function), but I doubt that this has anything to do with my confusion

The custom menu is the problem. I'm not totally up to date with custom menus, but when you make one, some of the icons in the original configuration are not available any more, notably some of those for the map corrections.

my tom tom came with an 800# and i had to call them a few times-home has been up dated to vr 2- mine came with a certificate # for the upgrade-however with vr 2 i just clicked the update maps and downloaded the newest version- and lost all of my favorites-i hope you have HS-it took almost 2 hrs to download the 900 MB

i think I'm having a problem with map share downloads.

i was unable to find this question posted anywhere so here goes.

since there is no version number or file size listed on map share files how do i know I'm not downloading the same one over and over with an unreported error?

how many consecutive downloads should it take to get 6.75 all the available updates?

every time i connect there is a map share download available last night i decided to just keep downloading and restarting after each download. i did this at least 30 times before giving up and looking for help (how i found this site).

should it be 1 file at a time or would it download all at 1 time?

HOW DO I KNOW IT"S DOING IT?

sorry if bumping isn't allowed but this dropped to page 3 and I'm still in need of HELP!

I'm almost positive the map share files are not downloading (unless 100+ downloads are the norm) but would like to confirm and maybe get a workaround or fix

i think i found something,

i restored defaults and went threw the process of adding map share download options starting with the first 3 made myself, verified by tomtom and poi's.

after updating the first time there where no more updates available.

i added the option to download trusted sources and still no persistent download available.

same for reported by many

when i got to reported by some, i keep getting update available.

to see if anything was being added i wrote down the available space on tomtom's memory and went threw the download process 18 times with no decrease in available space.

/edit

i just found out that unchecking the reported by some option does not fix this.

looks like a restore is in order

Last edited:

Ask a Question