Map Overlays?

TomTom Model(s)
Sony XNV-660BT
Hi there,

I've seen online ways to make "map overlays" on the TomTom maps to further enhance maps. Is this possible to do with the built-in navigation system: SONY XNV-660BT?

If so, how?

Thanks,
grcboy77

To justify the amount of time required to do an overlay, you would really need to have some special area for which you required mapping that is not provided by TomTom. Also, it is important to understand that an overlay is strictly a visual representation of an area, like a picture, and that you can't add roads that can be routed, etc, essentially it becomes paper map with your location placed upon it.

It's a very rare thing where this becomes useful on an automotive unit. The only time I have seen this done where I could understand the value of it was when someone was making regular rounds in a maze of forest service roads that were not mapped. After a while, though, he got comfortable with the navigation of those roads, and the work he had done became a good bit less useful.

Ask a Question