map and ov2 files path for iPhone

One friend need some information to coding the softare for TomTom on iPhone.

I would like to know the locations of two folders:
- what is the name (full path) of the folder where itn files are stored?
- what is the name (full path) of the folder where maps and .ov2 files are stored?
- are these folder locations fixed? Or were the locations optional on installing the TomTom software?

Your help are really appriciate.

iPhones don't use folders in the same way as Windows Based products so there isn't a specific folder for you to locate where these items reside - Mike

iPhones don't use folders in the same way as Windows Based products so there isn't a specific folder for you to locate where these items reside - Mike

Are you sure? I've had a look and although I can't get my POIs to actually show up I can insert the files in those folders, which should be>

UK - Ireland 1.1.ipa\Payload\UK-Ireland\United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland\

There is a file in that same folder called POI.dat, something I'm trying to pick to pieces.

Try a Google search for "POI.dat edit" and see what gets offered, the POI.dat file is built up from standard ov2 data and can be taken apart/ modified, I seem to remember some applications created for doing this scripted in pearl a couple of years ago - Mike

Ask a Question