Manual/Menu for 125

Hi all--New here, thanks for providing this forum. I just bought my first GPS, a One 125. So far I love it, but I am a little confused about the documentation. The manual that I have downloaded does not match up with the menu on my device. Specifically, I am trying to set up a multi-stop route. I deliver items at night, sometimes to a few different locations. The manual talks about "itinerary", but there is nothing on my 125 menu about itinerary.

In short, love the hardware....wish the manual was a little better. Or maybe I have the wrong manual. It doesn't specifically target the 125.

TIA

The 125, being the newest model put out by TomTom may not indeed have its own manual at the moment.

I'm also not surprised that you haven't got Itineraries on your unit, being it is at the low end of the model structure and certain options are only available on higher end models.

But, make 100% you don't have that functionality by calling support at 866-486-6866.

The 125, being the newest model put out by TomTom may not indeed have its own manual at the moment.

I'm also not surprised that you haven't got Itineraries on your unit, being it is at the low end of the model structure and certain options are only available on higher end models.

But, make 100% you don't have that functionality by calling support at 866-486-6866.

Thanks again for your help. I did a bit more digging and found that the manual for the 130 is the closest one--currently listed on the site--to my model. Putting out a new product before the manual is completed? That seems a bit backwards to me, but I won't belabor the point.

I figured out how to add multiple stops to a trip....as far as I can see the trip needs to be set up first--with a start and end point--and then "modified" to add stops via the "find alternative" button. Click on "travel via" and you are allowed to add another stop. Perhaps many more, I haven't gotten that far yet.

Seems a bit non-intuitive to me, but hey....it accomplished the objective and that's all that really matters, right? :)

I'm kind of a gadget freek; I like things that make my life easier and I can tell this is a quality product. I'm very happy with what I got for the price. Best Buy had it on sale for $129.00 including a $40 gift card. I already had a $25 gift card from my birthday so I am into this thing for $65. I would have paid twice that.

They do need to come out with the proper manual though. Or, make it easier to find if one already exists. I can see people giving up and returning the 125 because they can't get it to do what it is able of doing.

Thanks again for the help....party on.

Remember, the 125 basically IS a 130 except it does not have a Canada map. So, anything the manual says about a 130 goes for a 125 as well.

Remember, the 125 basically IS a 130 except it does not have a Canada map. So, anything the manual says about a 130 goes for a 125 as well.

Yes, I had to dig a bit to find out that piece of information. That might be a big deal for a lot of Minnesotans; many of us visit Canada to fish, hunt, vacation, etc. Or at least they did before the new restrictions went into effect, and they began turning people back with so much as a driving offense on their records.

But I have no plans to go there anytime soon so I should be good.

Yes, I had to dig a bit to find out that piece of information. That might be a big deal for a lot of Minnesotans; many of us visit Canada to fish, hunt, vacation, etc. Or at least they did before the new restrictions went into effect, and they began turning people back with so much as a driving offense on their records.

But I have no plans to go there anytime soon so I should be good.

Hi Larry,
You may be able to add in the ITINERARY PLANNING icon with the 125 by using a customized menu.

Itinerary planning is the best approach, in my opinion, to repeated routes.

Here is my writeup on creating a custom menu:
>>> Custom Menu Linky <<<<

Here is my writeup on using TYRE to create itineraries:
>>>> TYRE Usage for Itineraries Linky <<<<

Thanks Birdman. I'm a guy who loves a modification. I'll give it a shot in the near future.
Wow, what a lifesaver tonight. I started a part-time job delivering late at night....tonight I had 13 stops to make. In a metro area in the dark...the thing saved me a lot of time and stress. Worth every penny.

Ask a Question