RDS traffic manual tune???

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605tm
Regarding VIA 1605tm.
Where do I find the freq for this? I want to see if the unit will get a signal more quickly.
Also, I read that I can't turn off the traffic as long as I have the antenna cable hooked up. Is this true?

Thanks,
kev

P.S. I am contemplating putting a switch on the traffic dongle, so I don't have to watch that spinning thingie!

Since your closest Clear Channel stations that broadcast RDS traffic are as below, I'd try each of them to see which provides the best signal that far north of Houston. It's a little spotty up that far north, but you should be able to snag a signal from one of these stations.

KHMX 96.5, KIOC 106.1, KYKR 95.1, KKRW 93.7, KLOL 101.1

For those that wonder, the list can be found here:

http://www.totaltraffic.com/CoverageAreas/

Thank you!
Do you find any advantage to tuning manually, or does auto tune work equally fast?
Do I have to use a non-traffic cable to turn off traffic? If so, I am considering adding a switch to the traffic dongle to disable the traffic graphic.

Thanks,
kev

Last edited:
A non rds-tmc combo antenna/car charger will indeed stop the traffic bar from appearing on the right side of the screen.

dhn's idea is better than attempting to add a switch. I can't think of anything you could 'switch' on the new cable design that wouldn't likely muck it up pretty well. It's a standard 5V USB cig plug and a standard USB-A to micro-B connector on the cable, so it's easy to swap in one without the traffic egg on it.

Ask a Question