v9.4 Navigate to... next screen manual entry

TomTom Model(s)
Classic & 730 (daughters')
Is there any way in 9.4 to have the next screen after I press Navigate to... go back to the way it was, the Home,Favorite,Address,Recent Address,....... screen?
Most of the time (95%) I have the destination already entered or it's Home, now I need to do one more button press to get to that screen (Back).
Thanks

I think you're referring to the 1-time prompt for your current state. The software always prompted you to choose a state, but it appears that the previously selected one was "forgotten" in the upgrade.

Once you set that, the screen should go away in the future.

I had it appear twice after the upgrade, but since then, it's remembered where I was. However, I need to test to see if it really stays "gone" when I don't yet have a GPS fix. That was the circumstance that seemed to set it off the 2nd time, but I can't be positive about that.

I updated to the new navcore 9.400 yesterday. Not sure I like the new screen as yet, but might just need to get used to it. The speed limit and your speed being in the lower left looks like a plus – and for those who like to switch between 3D and 2D mode, the center block is very useful. But I kinda like seeing how many satellites I'm getting... without having to tap the box. But, might just take some time to get used to.

BTW, I was only asked the state I was navigating to the very first time. After than, the screen with "recent destination" or "Favorite" was shown.

When I turned it on just a bit ago, I noticed that I forgot to 'clear' (now called cancel) the route from yesterday. The unit didn't reboot on me!!! How about that!?

For those who haven't updated the navcore as yet, here's a picture of my screen:

screen_9-4.jpg

Just noticed there's a new map out today... v855.4097

Oh yeah... 885. Sorry.

I was going to edit that but can't find the edit button. I see it on this post, but not the one above. It must have a time out. Oh well. :rolleyes:

The speed limit and your speed being in the lower left looks like a plus.

This weekend I traveled from home to Grand Rapids, Michigan and back and my TomTom worked beautifully :) My question is this: The speed limit is in the lower left, but occasionally that block turned red. Why is that? :confused: Is there a setting I seemed to have missed to turn it off? I've got a Go 630, Version 9.401.

Nope. With the new build, the entire section turns red when you are going faster than allowed. No way to turn it off, as I recall.

When the speed block turns red, it means you're speeding. The block turning red is better than just the number turning red as it catches my eye better. Plus, the speed block being on the lower left is easier to notice.

I've noticed that if you go about 3 mph (at 65 speed limit) is when mine turns red... probably on percentage.

Thanks for the reply. I set my cruise control at 73 mph and it spent a LOT of time being red :lol: However, I got 33 mpg with the cruise so I'll take the red box now and then. Thanks again! :D

P.S. -- My daughter owes me $5. I bet that the red box had something to do with the car's speed and she thought it had to do with the degree numbers changing. WINNING!

On all TomTom's they used to have it so the numbers always went red if you were speeding, but it was quite subtle, and the "Warn when going faster than allowed" option just turned on the audio alert for it.

Now on the NAV 3 models they have changed it so that ticking the option makes the red patch in the status bar turn on and off AND turns on the audio alert, but the sound chosen for the alert is "Silence".

First foul-up is that with that box ticked you DON'T see the next screen where you get to change the sound used, UNLESS you un-tick it and then tick it again!

Second foul-up is it looks like they tried to make the NAV 2 models work the same way, but the two development teams weren't speaking the same language and they messed it up completely, so it now has a much bigger red patch but you can't turn it off.

Ask a Question