Looks like I'm returning my TomTom

The TomTom One XL I got for Christmas has the 675 maps. When I called and talked to the guy at TomTom who obviously started today he claimed these are the latest maps. When I convinced him otherwise he claimed I needed the latest map guarantee card. When I convinced him otherwise he walked me through the steps of using LMG from within Home (which I have done numerous times - it says I have the latest). When that didn't work he said that I had to have the 7 Maps to get the LMG (Not the app, which I do, the maps). When I asked to speak to someone else he put me on hold, came back, and said I should be able to get the latest Maps, but to get them I need to mail my receipt to TomTom. He didn't know where to mail it, but just "To TomTom".

I got my TomTom as a gift. I do not have the receipt. I'm sure my parents (who gave it to me) do. If I have to ask them for it, I may as well use it to return it and either try my luck with another TomTom, or go with another GPS manufacturer. While I love the interface (I had TT on my PPC previous) their support is ridiculous and I am loath to encourage them by continuing to purchase their product.

I was thrilled to have received my TomTom. It's a shame the company has ruined that thrill for me.

The TomTom One XL I got for Christmas has the 675 maps. When I called and talked to the guy at TomTom who obviously started today he claimed these are the latest maps. When I convinced him otherwise he claimed I needed the latest map guarantee card. When I convinced him otherwise he walked me through the steps of using LMG from within Home (which I have done numerous times - it says I have the latest). When that didn't work he said that I had to have the 7 Maps to get the LMG (Not the app, which I do, the maps). When I asked to speak to someone else he put me on hold, came back, and said I should be able to get the latest Maps, but to get them I need to mail my receipt to TomTom. He didn't know where to mail it, but just "To TomTom".

I got my TomTom as a gift. I do not have the receipt. I'm sure my parents (who gave it to me) do. If I have to ask them for it, I may as well use it to return it and either try my luck with another TomTom, or go with another GPS manufacturer. While I love the interface (I had TT on my PPC previous) their support is ridiculous and I am loath to encourage them by continuing to purchase their product.

I was thrilled to have received my TomTom. It's a shame the company has ruined that thrill for me.

Like with any company, the CS will be hit and miss. I would call back again. Also as far as mailing the receipt. No. Log onto the TT support site. Then log into your account. There will be a ticket associated with the call. You can then scan the receipt and attached it to the support ticket. That should be all you need to get your maps.

Like with any company, the CS will be hit and miss. I would call back again. Also as far as mailing the receipt. No. Log onto the TT support site. Then log into your account. There will be a ticket associated with the call. You can then scan the receipt and attached it to the support ticket. That should be all you need to get your maps.

Thanks for the reply! I uploaded a copy of the receipt a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything. I'll call again tomorrow and if they don't update my maps it's going back.

If only TomTom's support could be as helpful as this site!

Thanks for the reply! I uploaded a copy of the receipt a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything. I'll call again tomorrow and if they don't update my maps it's going back.

If only TomTom's support could be as helpful as this site!

i agree
if it wasnt for this site i probaly would have gave up on tomtom.these guys are great and have lots of info:D

I'm in the process of downloading my Map! The CSR insisted that it was 30 days from purchase (it was purchased 11/25, but was a gift that I received on 12/25) until I sent her to the tomtom.com/latestmap webpage.

Looks like I'm keeping my TomTom!

New Maps

How long does the map upgrade last? I bought my Tom Tom in 11/2007. Will I still be able to get the frree upgrade to the new map? :confused:

Ask a Question