Logged trips

TomTom Model(s)
VIA180
HI all,
Received a TomTom Via 180 as a gift,as I travel a lot I would like to log my trips re: times,speeds,places etc.
How do I go about that?
Hopefully someone is able to explain to me how to log trips.
Thank you

Welcome to TTF.

There are 3rd party applications can can be added to models that allow user access to the file system.

Unfortuntely, the VIA is not one of those models. So, I don't think it can be done.

ohhhhhhhhhh blah..:(. guess this will go on <$#$> for sale then I need a tomtom that logs my trips.
Thank you:) for the fast response I appreciate that

Are you able to find a 740 model there where you are? That one will make use of TripMaster (3rd party application) and has a very nice feature set to begin with.

This is a feature that i really wanted also...
Got ripped off by DSE rep.. i asked him specifically if the Via 180 had trip logging feature and he said yes..

Pissed off !!

What about the XXL 540 ? I know the feature is not native, but can i use a third party app with it ?

cheers

What about the XXL 540 ? I know the feature is not native, but can i use a third party app with it ?

cheers
Yup. Scroll down a bit to "3rd Party Softwares" or whatever we're calling it, and look for information on an application called TripMaster. It will create a track log.

The previous poster just picked the wrong TT model. Most of the nifty things we have grown accustomed to doing with TT devices are tossed with these new 4 digit models, none of which take my interest for precisely that reason.

Just to check what I am doing here - I would like to use my TomTom XXL IQ Routes Edition - App 9.053.....

No idea if it is a 540.

Will TripMaster work on it? What do I do if it ****s up. Have I lost my satnav with all its added POIs that are loaded on it.

I am computer literate, but just a bit wary of hardware/software that I am not familiar with.

My end objective is to use something like GPS Visualizer to track my travels in a MotorHome to help me write a book.

Help? Pretty please?

Polly

Put the first 2 characters of your serial number in the link here:Which TomTom device do I have? to see what model TT thinks you have.

(The model you refer to XXL IQ routes) is pretty much the same as the NA 540 BUT the 540 has TTS.

Anyway, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then add tripmaster. There is a plug-in on the site to make it work with N9 versions such as yours.

Wow!! An incredibly fast response, thank you.

Serial No. RWxxxxxxxx - tells me I have a XXL / 530S / 540S - 2GB, which I assume is OK.

By an explorer backup, I take it you mean a straight copy of all files in the root and all subdirectories into, for example, a new directory in MyDocs on the laptop. I take it that there are no hidden files, admin only files, etc that I need to worry about?

Thx again :)

Polly

Ask a Question