MS Streets & Trips and TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
XLS 130
I have a XLS and read on a RV forum that it was possible to plan a trip on S&T and then download it to the TT. Is that Possible? If so, how does one go about it? I searched on this site and probably wasn't able to word it properly thus finding nothing. If someone could point me in the right direction (no pun intended), I'd appreciate it.

Look at this thread.

and then this one. Look particularly at a post by lec510.

Thanks for steering me in that direction. I read them both and have come to the following conclusions:

1. Following those instructions for the layperson (me) is more trouble than it's worth and far too geekish.
2. TT and apparently all other GPS devices aren't as good as MS S&T, certainly not for simplicity and accuracy..
3. Someone could make some money if they came up with a simple download app for converting S&T (and other like programs) to the TT. Call it "GPS Conversions for Idiots" or something like that.
4. Finally, I will continue to use my TT as a toy as it is not nearly as reliable as I would like it to be. Too many times it has gotten me lost. Still, I'd sure like to see a simple (for me) app I could use.

Ask a Question