Latitude and longitude

TomTom Model(s)
I have an old 720. I can enter Lat and long. The new Tomtoms do not seem to offer this facility so how can one enter a position that does not have an address? I am SO disapointed that I shall not purchase a new TT.

All we can do is hope they see sense and add that feature back again (and all the other missing stuff).

Or change brands.....:(

I have an old 720. I can enter Lat and long. The new Tomtoms do not seem to offer this facility so how can one enter a position that does not have an address? I am SO disapointed that I shall not purchase a new TT.
It depends upon which 'new' unit you mean, but for the newest ones (GO 500, GO600, GO5000, GO6000), just be a little patient. If not already on the units in the stores, I'll bet it's added soon in an updated code release. I still have my good old 720, too, but like my 740 even better, so the 720 only gets to sit on the desk to remind me of where the menus are for helping people here.

The older 'new' units like Via1535 and GO LIVE 1535 used with MyTomTom instead of HOME, still have coordinate input.
I use it all the time by pointing the mouse on a spot in Google maps, right click and click 'What's here' in the drop down menu.

Ask a Question