how to use longitude, latitude on 910, other questions.

1. I occasionally am offered longitude, latitude but i have no idea how to program this into my tomtom 910?

2. The battery life from the day i bought this two years ago has been horrible, but now non-existant. Always has to be plugged in. How do I obtain new battery? (I live in Europe)

3. This thing is big, clunky and unreliably sensitive -- any bump in the road and it might reboot and lose its bearings. My son missed his first hockey practice last week while we were en route to the burbs and the thing just kept shutting down and rebooting.

4. I used a smaller tomtom with a rentacar a couple of weeks ago, it was flight and light and worked very well. Are the newer models less troublesome and high-maintenance and unreliable, or would i be throwing good money after bad?

(1) When Navigate/Browse Map , go to the next few screen(s) you will see option to use GPS Coordinates instead of Street Name-Number , Intersections etc...
Also on the Map screen (after a browse map) push Options (bellow left) you will see option to display the coordinates.
This is very important information. Take an hypothetical case like this: You get bogged down in the nowhere in winter. Your cell phone works, you call for help and the cops ask you where you are ...

(3) Change Preferences/Battery Saving Prference/...dim screen - /
Uncheck option 'Switch off when external power is lost'

What do you really need from the device? do you use the mp3 player, handsfree for the phone or FM Tx (if you have the special mount that contained the transmitter) - If all you want is a decent nav only device that slips in the pocket consider the TomTom XL IQ or the XL IQ Live if you want access to the Live services and the associated monthly charges.
If the bells and whistles are important consider the x20 or x30 models, the 520 UK spec device is currently available for under ?130 if you shop around (CPC) - Mike

Ask a Question