Latest US map available for the 510?

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum and a TomTom newbie as well. I bought a second-hand 510 via ebay, and everything seems to work very well, but I'm curious about the latest map available. I currently have FW v7.903 (which I believe is the latest and greatest?) but my map is v650.1072. When I go through TT HOME, it offers a US map that is v815.2022. Would this work on my 510? I just don't want to buy a map and find out after the fact that it's not compatible.

One other question......does anyone know if there is a map available for the Caribbean? I thought it would be neat to bring my TT with me on an upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

With that firmware, v8.15 map will work. I believe that TomTom covers Puerto Rico to a degree but no other Caribbean islands.

With that firmware, v8.15 map will work. I believe that TomTom covers Puerto Rico to a degree but no other Caribbean islands.

With the popularity of GPS units and the popularity of cruise vacations these days, you'd think they'd find some value in offering a caribbean map. There are plenty of die-hard cruisers who would purchase just such a map if it meant they could track their journey while sailing.

Thanks for the heads-up on the FW question!

510 north ameican latest maps is the 825 NA_2GB

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum and a TomTom newbie as well. I bought a second-hand 510 via ebay, and everything seems to work very well, but I'm curious about the latest map available. I currently have FW v7.903 (which I believe is the latest and greatest?) but my map is v650.1072. When I go through TT HOME, it offers a US map that is v815.2022. Would this work on my 510? I just don't want to buy a map and find out after the fact that it's not compatible.

One other question......does anyone know if there is a map available for the Caribbean? I thought it would be neat to bring my TT with me on an upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

Believe it or not your latest maps of north america_2gb is version 8.25 for the 510. Make sure you download the latest application also. YOu need the latest application to ge all the benefits of these maps
On my 920 ia using the 8.302 application version. Signed Senior tom tom tester Michael

With the popularity of GPS units and the popularity of cruise vacations these days, you'd think they'd find some value in offering a caribbean map. There are plenty of die-hard cruisers who would purchase just such a map if it meant they could track their journey while sailing.

Thanks for the heads-up on the FW question!

If they drive like the locals on St Thomas - you would not want/need a map - they drive crazy down there. No joke on this one.

Ask a Question