Latest Map 4 Go 700

TomTom Model(s)
GO 700
I just purchased a referbed 700 and when I go to the TomTom website and put in my product code it tells me that I do NOT have the latest map.
What kind of bunk is that.? You would think that a factory refereb unit would have been shipped with the latest map of North America. OK so what is the latest map version? And how can I acquire it ??? Or do I have to call SUPPORT again ?

refurb units apparantly do no come with the latest map.
My 910 refurb unit was installed with the factory map North America map.
Luckily I had the updated Map DVD TomTom had sent and updated.

they will probably say that you have to take it up with the place you bought it from.did it say us and canada on the website where you got it?i got a new 700 for my dad it said that but when i got it the product card even said us and canada.called tt and i had already bought the map for myself and 300 and used it twice already so they gave me a hard time but gave me a new activation code so i was able to put it on dads 700.i said it was false advertizing,she said you should complain to that company,anyway i got it loaded on his.

Map

So how did it go?

Well it's still in process. And yes the map version was really old (2 yrs.)
They wanted a copy of my receipt, which I scanned and e-mailed to them.
I don't have a response as of yet. You would think that a referbished unit from the factory would have been updated with the new map before it left the factory. And secondly they packaged the wrong mount (no mic) for hands free calling. (mount for a 300) I'm beginning to loose faith in this company seems like they don't have their _hit together. Maybe I should have bought a Garmin. Time will tell..........

New Map

Perhaps it will end well...keep us updated.

Well I guess it went pretty well. They sent me a new map and I have updated the Appl to 6.520 I just wish they would do something with their TomTom Home GUI v1.5
I guess you can't have everything all at once.
They told me not to use v2.0 but I can't use what I can't find. The latest version on their site is 1.5...............Won't go into the problem until I've researched a little more.

Ask a Question