Laditude/Longitude Entry

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350TM
I have a location I want to enter on my TT XL350 TM but not a physical address. How can I do this since the location is about 400 miles away??

I have a location I want to enter on my TT XL350 TM but not a physical address. How can I do this since the location is about 400 miles away??
Sadly, the EasyMenu units won't accept coordinate entry for a "Navigate to". The XL350 is one of those 'two button' EasyMenu models.

If you can identify the position of your target on a map, another option is to "Navigate to" "Point on map" (I'm pretty sure they didn't 86 that option on this model). Since it's 400 miles away, that will require some zooming out, scrolling, and zooming in again, then selecting your destination. Just be certain that your target is either on a road or reasonably close to one. Your TomTom gets funny about off-road adventures!

So what models can I do this with??
Since the number of "problem" models is far smaller, I'll tell you which ones to avoid for sure if you need coordinate entry:

Ease (aka Start2 in Europe),
XL335SE, LE and LM,
XL350, T, M and TM,
XXL550, T, M and TM

Note that the XL335S, T, M and TM are not included in that second line.

In short, you'll need to avoid anything that employs the "EasyMenu" menu system.

As Canderson hinted, being able to enter coordinates doesn't necessarily mean your TomTom can compute a route to them. If they're off a mapped road by roughly 100 ft or so (depends on a few variables), your TT may display "Route not Found".

Well there were several cemeteries that my oldest daughter was interested in visiting again - family cemeteries way back in the woods..... Had I known about this difference then I would have asked for another one for Christmas...

Use the TomTom to get you in the area by road, then a cheap Garmin eTrex, around $125, to take you the rest of the way.

Well there were several cemeteries that my oldest daughter was interested in visiting again - family cemeteries way back in the woods..... Had I known about this difference then I would have asked for another one for Christmas...

There appears to be success with re-installing the old menu system back on XL 350. Not sure about your GPS, but seems likely that Offroad Navigator 3.0 could then be added as a menu option for finding your off-road cemeteries. Good luck!

Ask a Question