Just a thought....

TomTom Model(s)
TT910/TT920t
With GPS becoming so popular these days, I wonder if web site will be putting thier own POI's on thier sites for downloads. If I were a business owner with a website and a couple of stores, I think it would be ideal! Not only do u have your customers getting to your business with ease, you are also advertising a little bit. Download in all formats for each gps maker. I dunno sounds like a smart idea. Before you know it, its going to become standard in all cars, so why not be ahead of the game and update webites for themselves.

Could be a money maker too for all of you poi makers.... I will make poi's forall your stores for a fee and post on your webstes!!!! never know

Foxbreakr

Great point and I agree. Ford will be offering Garmin Nuvi's to its customers and those Nuvis will be rebranded to somehow include the Ford logo and guess what.... the Ford POI database preinstalled. I hope more and more companies do this as well. The only real issue I can see (besides it being time-consuming for them) is that they would need to release it in mulitple formats since it's different for Garmin vs. TomTom vs. Mio vs. the others.

But here's hoping!

They might not release in different formats if they are sponsoring a particular brand. However, there should be converts online somewhere.

True, there are both software converters and online POI converters. If the POI files are out there in some format, we should be able to convert to TT format without too many problems.

Ask a Question