Thought TomTom support was going to solve my problem, but, noooo

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540TM
they created a new one.
I have the "This functionality is not yet supported for your combination of your navigation device, devices application version and your computers operating system" problem so Fanny (from TomTom support) said to:
"STEP 1 - Delete the application from device
- Connect the device to the computer and open TomTom HOME
- Go to Manage My Device
- Click ?items on my device?
- Select the application and click ?remove items from device?
STEP 2 - Delete the applications from the computer
- Go to Manage My Device
- Click ?items on computer?
- Select the applications (there may be more than one)
- Click ?remove items from computer?
STEP 3 - Re-download the application
- Go to Update My Device
- Select the application
- Click on Update and install
- Repeat this process until no more applications are offered.
I would request you to check and confirm that this resolved the issue. If still the issue persists we will have to delete the emulator files and reinstall it."

This caused the persistent scroll problem and the Tom Tom software did not recognize the device. It's a good thing I had a Windows Explorer backup to put on the device (thanks to advice on this forum) so I'm now back to square one.
The application they had me install was for the TomTom XXL TTS/TomTom XXL 530S and was trying to install to a CARD READER which my XXL 540TM does not have!!
Sigh... :(

This is a known problem as described here.

The steps you describe are support's attempt to follow this script, which rolls back your application from 9.056/9.061 downward to 9.053.

This inevitably fails, with the white screen and roll. And if you didn't make a backup and are on map 865, there's no way to recover it.

This is a known problem as described here.

The steps you describe are support's attempt to follow this script, which rolls back your application from 9.056/9.061 downward to 9.053.

This inevitably fails, with the white screen and roll. And if you didn't make a backup and are on map 865, there's no way to recover it.
MVL:
Thanks for the information.
Cutting to the chase - will this ever be fixed?
How long has it taken them to "fix" this in the past?

Ask a Question