Itinerary setup

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
Hi All,

I just got my TT1. I read the manual, is was unable to find anything to help me arrange an itinerary. If I make one with 5 spots, I want to travel in the optimum order between spots. Does anyone have any ideas on how to order the stops?

Hi All,

I just got my TT1. I read the manual, is was unable to find anything to help me arrange an itinerary. If I make one with 5 spots, I want to travel in the optimum order between spots. Does anyone have any ideas on how to order the stops?

In TT Home click on Go To my TT at the bottom left. It will create a virtual TomTom on your screen. You are basically interacting with your TT through the computer. You can then go through the Itinerary Planning. It's tedious, for an easier way see this thread and go use Google Earth and Tyre to create your itinerary.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=2210

You can not do that on your TomTom!
True. The OP should understand that the TT can't optimize the order.
I think it would take a proper computer to do that.
It merely calcs a route between each spot.
The order you set manually yourself.

http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php

Has anyone tried this program?

Bill

I did. It's cool, but I don't have much need for it.
The problem with travelling using waypoints is you don't have much liberty in it. If you miss one you get nagged or get re-routed back to the point you want to avoid (traffic jam for example).
For a real estate salesman for example, it can be life saver.
I like to be free !:D

I did. It's cool, but I don't have much need for it.
The problem with travelling using waypoints is you don't have much liberty in it. If you miss one you get nagged or get re-routed back to the point you want to avoid (traffic jam for example).
For a real estate salesman for example, it can be life saver.
I like to be free !:D

I use the Skip Waypoint program on my TT. It works! :D

Hi All,

Funny to see this thread.. I just emailed TomTom and asked for this as a feature enhancement this morning.

I have five places to go, here they are. I don't care which order I go in, just get me to them all and my final destination the fastest way possible.

Optimize Route

Funny to see this thread.. I just emailed TomTom and asked for this as a feature enhancement this morning.

I have five places to go, here they are. I don't care which order I go in, just get me to them all and my final destination the fastest way possible.

I too was surprised that my TT 920T didn't have this feature - I guess we all need to write TT support & ask for it - it couldn't be that hard, especially for a 400 MHz Linux based computer (ie, the 920).

Franko

Optimize Route

I too was surprised that my TT 920T didn't have this feature - I guess we all need to write TT support & ask for it - it couldn't be that hard, especially for a 400 MHz Linux based computer (ie, the 920).

Franko

I think the TT can and should do this out of the box.

Here's my note to TT support:

I?ve owned my TT 920-T for a few days now & I?m very, very happy with it. After reading all of the docs, trying all of the features & searching tomtomforums.com, I?ve found what appears to be a ?missing feature? or a feature that this device should have, but doesn?t: Route Optimization.

I would like to enter an Itinerary & have my TT plan the best route, from one stop to the next. I think you have all of the data & processing power you need, you just need to write the code.

An added bonus would be an ?avoid left hand turns? (in countries that drive on the right side of the road) option ? avoiding left hand turns (crossing traffic, basically) has saved UPS & Fedex millions of dollars annually by saving on fuel wasted while waiting for traffic to clear enough to cross over.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Franko

If you want this feature, then please write TomTom - if they get one letter, then it's an anomoly. If they get a large number of requests, then you get the sales side involved, which pushes the developers - I used to work for a software developer...

Franko

Ask a Question