Is there damage always connecting unit to home charger?

Hi there just bought a TomTom one IQ Routes Edition + home charger how long should i leave on charge with out damaging the battery?

Welcome to TTF. You may get some differing opinions but I believe the general consensus is the battery is not harmed if always connected.

(also changing your thread title to something more meaningful :D )

Hi there just bought a TomTom one IQ Routes Edition + home charger how long should i leave on charge with out damaging the battery?

Yes I have to agree. I have mine connected for 3 years with no problems. However, 3 years for your unit battery is very long. Your battery will probably be degredated to about 10 minutes after 2-3 years. Nothing you can do except try to replace battery after this time. Their are some places you can go to for this correction

No harm in running with the charger connected at all times, when the battery eventually packs up with the device you have it's an easy DIY job to swap out the battery as it's stuck to the inside of the case unlike being stupidly glued to the actual PCB which applies to the Go-x20/ x30 range - Mike

Ask a Question