IQ Routes - Technical question

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I am hoping a TomTom insider can answer this. Does IQ routing record the speed data on every road I drive on during the day or does it only record any data after I've entered a route, and on those streets which are part of the route only?

I am hoping a TomTom insider can answer this. Does IQ routing record the speed data on every road I drive on during the day or does it only record any data after I've entered a route, and on those streets which are part of the route only?

Here's a link to a 930 review. A few paragraphs down is the description for IQ routing.
http://www.gpsreview.net/tomtom-go-930/

Here's a link to a 930 review. A few paragraphs down is the description for IQ routing.
http://www.gpsreview.net/tomtom-go-930/

I'll take it a step further,

From GPSReview:

So here is how it works. Within TomTom HOME there is a preference you can enable that allows TomTom to ?gather anonymous statistical trip information?. It used to more fully spell out the function, adding ?such as how long it actually takes you to travel a route?. As you drive a road segment, your TomTom device is recording how long it took you to drive each road segment, versus how long the device predicted it would take you.

If you opted into the service, the device would send that information back to TomTom. TomTom in turn aggregates that data and builds up more accurate time estimates for each road segment, for various days of the week. The data is then combined into the underlying mapping data on the device.

Unlike MapShare, it is relatively easy to figure out just how well IQ Routes works. Let me tell you, it works. Overnight TomTom has gone from being one of the least accurate estimates of travel time to the most accurate.

Ask a Question