Iphone 4 & POI

Hi please help!

I have an iPhone 4 with Tom Tom UK & Ireland, my PC runs on windows 7. Yesterday I followed instructions online how to add POI into the map folder, now when I try to re-add the UK & Ireland app on the iPhone iTunes gives an error messgae "The app UK & Ireland was no installed on the iPhone because it's resource have been modified".

I've tried to then remove the added POI and restore the folder back to how it was but again iTunes gives this same error message and now I have no TomTom on my iPhone.

How are you adding the files to the app, if you doing this locally on the PC then expecting the app to load via iTunes in a modified state then you will get the error message as the installer has a checksum that will be different with a load of POI files added to it.

You are better off using something like DiskAid on the PC to add the third party POI files to the TomTom app once its loaded to the iPhone, this method works very well and doesn't require the iPhone to be JailBroken see Here for how its done - Mike

Ask a Question