POI fix for iPhone via new build V1.13 and new map

TomTom Model(s)
One - XLS
The user poi has been fixed in the latest build V1.13 along with a new map, 900 and a month of free HD traffic for certain countries. You still have to use Diskaid from what I can tell. There is now a poi folder under the documents folder, put your poi there via Diskaid and away you go!!
Bill

The poi folder wasn't present in 'Documents' for me, and creating it didn't work either. Has anyone else had any problems with this at all? Thanks!

The poi folder wasn't present in 'Documents' for me, and creating it didn't work either. Has anyone else had any problems with this at all? Thanks!

If you have updated to 1.13 then you should see a + sign next to the Documents folder click it and you should see the poi folder. You will probably need to right click on the image icon below and open in a new window to see the screen grab.

Diskaid.png.html

Thanks - I was looking in the right place then. The folder didn't exist, so I created it but still no luck. I also copied across the mapsettings.cfg file, which definitely worked because all of my settings reset to default (lost my Favourites, etc). The TomTom app was not running in the background when I created the poi folder and copied across mapsettings.cfg, and I have tried this several times. Strange.

Running iOS v6.1 and TomTom app v1.13.

Screenshot attached, showing where I've put the POI files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.35.44.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.35.44.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 495
Strange what's happening here. Have you tried rebooting your phone to see if that changes anything? When you go to "Change settings/About" from inside the TomTom app do you see app v1.13?

Bill

OK, I've worked it out. Despite my upgrading to v1.13 in iTunes and syncing my iPhone multiple times, for some reason it was still running an earlier version on the iPhone and had *not* upgraded the TomTom app via iTunes. When I confidently stated I was running v1.13, I only checked in iTunes, not on the phone itself!

I went into App Store > Upgrades on the phone and upgraded to v1.13 that way. Everything's working fine now, and a lesson learned! :)

Thnks for the update... glad to hear it's all sorted.

Ask a Question