Installed new maps on TT910.....

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick report on how the installation went. The maps are on one dvd, which is nice! I remember having 10 or so CDs with an older Palm version of TomTom Navigator.

I popped the DVD in, opened HOME and attached my TT910. The first thing that happened is a "network error" when trying to login via HOME. I just ignored it. The DVD contains the HOME app, all the voices (and I do mean all languages), and various maps. By various maps, I mean state specific, region specific, major roads of US, Canada/Alaska, the complete North America map, Guam, and then a USA/Canada map. The complete North America map is 1.4g large. I suspect for my ONE I will have to install the USA/Canada map, which is less than 1g. But I wonder if I popped in my 2g card if I could get away with installing the complete NA map?

In any case, I chose to install the complete North America map and also Guam. To my surprise, it erased the current N. America map (1.2g) first, then installed the new one. Same for Guam. NICE! I like the fact that I didn't have to delete anything first. I also like the fact that I don't have 2 different NA maps on my device.

It took all of 15 minutes to complete. I fired my TT910 up, and to my surprise, my custom POI data, home location, and favorites were still on there! I had read on another board that you had to back these up first b/c installed a new map would wipe them out. I did back them up first, but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't touch those things. NICE!

So now I have North America map version 665.1293 on my TT910, and it was extremely painless. Be warned, there is NO documentation whatsoever with the new maps. You get a padded envelope which contains a DVD, product code card, and license agreement paper.

I hope everyone gets their map updates soon! I know I was beyond anxious to get mine!

Thanks for the heads up...I just got my disk...only took 2 weeks from the time I ordered it...I'll be updating my 910 tonight...

Ordered my upgrade on 1/6 came yesterday 1/9.

Does anyone know what rev. this map upgrade is?

My TT 910 is 6.522 map is 650.1108

DVD is 9A00.085 on packing list but DVD is marked 3A00.081

Painless Map Update!

Just received my DVD today! Doing my update as I write this!!! I'll update this when it's done!!!!!

Edit: It appears that my map upgrade went as expected and without issue. I inserted the DVD-ROM, TomTom Home auto launched, I then chose to update my North American maps (as well as the USA Satellite imagery). Although I had previously backed up my TomTom I didn't do anything before this update and have no issues!

Bryan

I wonder if the satellite imagery is different? It appeared to be the same size. I chose not to install it. What exactly does that do? Thanks!

I wonder if the satellite imagery is different? It appeared to be the same size. I chose not to install it. What exactly does that do? Thanks!

Probably not any different. The satellite images appear when you zoom all the way out in [Browse] Map view.

Good to know that it does a seamless upgrade.

How to determine version of maps

Hi All:

I have a basic question. I am trying to find out the version of the maps on my 910. I just purchased it a few weeks ago and am not sure whether I need to order the new maps on DVD.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Don

Switch it on, then click on the software version number on the bottom right corner of your screen. Or you could click through all the preferences menus til you get to "show version" and the map version will be displayed.

Easy install, but I skipped the entry on product code and it installed anyway. As far as I'm concenerned....Great!!!!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick report on how the installation went. The maps are on one dvd, which is nice! I remember having 10 or so CDs with an older Palm version of TomTom Navigator.

I popped the DVD in, opened HOME and attached my TT910. The first thing that happened is a "network error" when trying to login via HOME. I just ignored it. The DVD contains the HOME app, all the voices (and I do mean all languages), and various maps. By various maps, I mean state specific, region specific, major roads of US, Canada/Alaska, the complete North America map, Guam, and then a USA/Canada map. The complete North America map is 1.4g large. I suspect for my ONE I will have to install the USA/Canada map, which is less than 1g. But I wonder if I popped in my 2g card if I could get away with installing the complete NA map?

In any case, I chose to install the complete North America map and also Guam. To my surprise, it erased the current N. America map (1.2g) first, then installed the new one. Same for Guam. NICE! I like the fact that I didn't have to delete anything first. I also like the fact that I don't have 2 different NA maps on my device.

It took all of 15 minutes to complete. I fired my TT910 up, and to my surprise, my custom POI data, home location, and favorites were still on there! I had read on another board that you had to back these up first b/c installed a new map would wipe them out. I did back them up first, but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't touch those things. NICE!

So now I have North America map version 665.1293 on my TT910, and it was extremely painless. Be warned, there is NO documentation whatsoever with the new maps. You get a padded envelope which contains a DVD, product code card, and license agreement paper.

I hope everyone gets their map updates soon! I know I was beyond anxious to get mine!
Well dang! I load the DVD and nothing. I follow your steps and nothing. I see the DVD in Tom Tom Home and select a map and it says noy enough free space.
Suggestions?

pkerr- The same thing happened to me when I popped in the DVD... nothing. I made a fresh backup, deleted the US & Canada maps from my TT (ignored the pop-up warning), deleted the satellite imagery (basic), then installed the new map & imagery from the DVD. Seems to have taken fine, but the process was slow.

That's pretty much what I ended up doing as well. I had TomTom Home do the deletion and install.

Speaking of Satellite image... someone said that if you zoom out far enough then the satellite image would show. So far not for me...

Hi All:

I have a basic question. I am trying to find out the version of the maps on my 910. I just purchased it a few weeks ago and am not sure whether I need to order the new maps on DVD.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Don

I found out by accident that when in the 'Home' application if you double click on the title of the map file you will get a window that gives you version info. I used this to compare the version of the map application. This was on a MAC.

CD

I also had to delete my old mapset before upgrading my 510. However, I did not lose any of my custom POIs. I did lose my map settings and my favourites though. There was another obstacle during the upgrade. I had removed the Guam mapset a while ago in order to make room for other things. When I went to delete the USA and Canada mapset for the update, TomTom Home wouldn't allow me to have no mapsets. So I had to remove the satelite image, reinstall Guam (since it's small) and then remove the old USA and Canada. Then I was able to install the new USA and Canada mapset, remove the Guam mapset and reinstall the satelite image. Finally, I restored my old mapsettings.cfg from backup.

Ask a Question