Factory Installed USA & Canada Maps on Go 300?

Appreciate any guidance or help you can lend:

I'm driving from NYC to Canada (Montreal) next week, and I ordered the Go300. I'm aware that there are updated maps available for $49.99 to Go 300 owners through 3/31, but I don't have the time to order them because it takes weeks to receive them...

So my question is, is it possible to load BOTH USA & Canada onto a single, contiguous card so as to be able to drive & navigate straight through, or must I switch maps at some point?

Secondly, I've seen conflicting info about what maps actually come installed on the Go 300. Does the 300 come with USA on it and Canada on the CD (which would require installation of the Canada map), OR does it come with BOTH USA AND CANADA on the SD chip?

MUCH THANKS!!!

Hi there,

I don't have a Go 300 but my ONE came with USA/Canada maps BOTH preinstalled on the SD card. I would suspect the 300 would be the same, but I can't confirm this as I don't have a 300. Maybe someone else will chime in.

USA_and_Canada is a single map (about .8G) , it's just less detailed than North_America map (1.4G).

Lec, thank you for that info... Do you (or does anybody else with a 300) know whether the 300 comes with either of those single (combo) maps installed?

Also, is there any place to download the newest version, whatever that may be, rather than having to wait for it to be mailed?

It's called piracy , and we don't discuss that here.
For curiosity why do decide to go back in time ?
With 50$ they charge for a new map, you'll find that your 300 is more expensive and less performing than a TomTom One (it has no Sirf-III chip in the gut).

I got the 300 for less than $200 shipped, so I can't complain. The ONE looks nice, but I'm not looking to spend $300. (If you know of a store or website that sells the ONE for less, please, please point me in the right direction!)

Regarding piracy, I'm well aware of the legalities surrounding software downloads (both licensed and pirated). I was asking whether there are any legal sources online (e.g. where I could give my credit card and pay for the current maps).

Last edited:
You can have the One for 250$ now, add 50$ map to your 200$ get you the same price.
Oh, yes a Sirf-III can make world of difference. Just beside the fast start up, it clings to the signals like a IR guided missile, while old generation sat nav might be loosing grip, or need an antenna in difficult terrain.

Last edited:
Lec... Based on your urging the SirfIII, I did some research... Research that I uncharacteristically did NOT do before ordering! THANK YOU! I am going to reject delivery of the 300, have it sent back for a refund, and get one with the Sirf...

(I know it's kind of a new thread topic, but, briefly, you prefer the TomTom to, say, the Garmin Nuvis?)

I do, I've had a Nuvi 350 and a 660. I much prefer the interface of the TT. You can customize a TT in ways the Nuvi only dreams about... :)

No prob NYLaw.
OK, let me guess Law - you are prosecutor. NY (New York, NY City ?).
If it's NYC than it's a big reason to go with a Sirf-III or better. Tall buildings in NYC drive the GPS crazy.:D

Ask a Question