Inconsistency of Speed shown

Hi all,

GO LIVE 1000 Europe

Hi all,
I am using a TomTom GO LIVE 1000 Europe, bought 2 years ago. It's been 2 or 3 months since I noticed that the speed reported in the Status bar is inconsistent. Basically, I am using Cruise Control which allows me to run with a constant speed.
I've seen that running on a flat surface, no uphills/downhills, with a constant speed, the Speed reported by the device jumps from 115km/h to 103km/h and then 121km/h and then stabilize to 115km/h.
Before i didnt have such issues.

There were no tunnels or other obstructions.
Is this normal? Is there any logical explanation?
thanks,

With Cruise Control on, it is not normal to fluctuate unless the car itself is doing do. What does the speedometer show while the gps is fluctuating?

With Cruise Control on, it is not normal to fluctuate unless the car itself is doing do. What does the speedometer show while the gps is fluctuating?
Thank for your answer.
The speedometer is showing constantly the speed chosen. So no fluctuation shown by the speedometer.
Thanks,

Don't know if it'll help but you can try a reset of the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Also, it would be interesting to know what you see on your GPS status page when this happens. How many satellites locked and what % shown?

Ask a Question