In a TOMTOM Pickle

Hi,

I'm a bit knackered, I have the G720. Story is as follows;

-Went for an update and it went into a loop.
-Tried uninstalling TT software and it said "You cannot use this map on this device: Western_europe"
-Formatted the TT via Windows and reinstalled OS etc
-Copied this map back to TT via Windows

Symtpons are;

-Every reboot of TT it goes through setup i.e. choosing the language/voice etc

I assumed i backed up TT, I did this through TTHOMe etc, to find to my horror it didnt exist so am i knackered? Also I recieved this as a gift which included all of the maps, how do i download my original maps as when looking it states I have to pay.

Help from a expert here needed I think :)

Without a backup this is going to cost the purchase price of a new map UNLESS you can find the back up. Start TomTom Home and click Tools/ TomTom Home Preferences (This is on the tool bar at the top of the application). Now select the Folder preferences tab and make a note of the "Back Ups" address.

Use Windows Explorer to view the folder identified in the paragraph above, is there anything in this folder? if so Right click the folder and select "Properties" report back what the file size is - Mike

Thanks for ths swift response.

Is the Maps tied to actual hardware in anyway, im not paying for maps i've already bought if you know what i mean :)

Dan

Maps are locked to the device they are purchased for, have you tried looking on the PC where I told you to in the last post? - Mike

Ask a Question