If Windows Don't Work, Try a Mac

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One New Edition
Fixing a TomTom One New Edition for a friend. Won't do much of anything. The original version of Home on the CD works but fails to update the unit without crashing the software.

Tried using the latest Home and it doesn't see the device. Read a bunch of stuff here about recognition files and a lot of stuff that needs to go through the Support folks at TomTom.

That was on a WindowXP platform. I saw there was a version of home for the Mac. Loaded the latest on my laptop running OS 10.5.5 and plugged the TomTom in and it recognized it and asked if I wanted to update the software. What a concept! Did the updates that failed in XP and now its got the current software/firmware. The maps are not current, but now at least the unit works, which was my original intention anyway.

Maps ain't cheap, but they're not cheap on other units either. So my friend gets his TomTom back in working order. It's up to him to get the maps updated.

App 7.903 OS: 2344
GPS V1.21 BOOT 5.0500
Map V660.1215

Denis

Last edited:

Ask a Question